4. Indeed

✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~

Morgana POV:

The past few days haven't been exactly the best. Arthur (my brother) has been furious with me. Gwen (his beloved) was killed by a dragon. Gwen and I were running around in the forest when Gwen fell into a small ditch and a dragon killed her. ***

Arthur hasn't said anything to me since that day. Merlin has been constantly lecturing me, and I haven't been allowed to leave the castle.

But I eventually made it out of the castle. I just wanted some independence for a change. To the sound of someone crying, I enter the forest. My ears were ringing from the noise. I began running around the forest, trying to locate the source of the crying.

When I turned the corner, I saw a small little girl crying. She had beautiful blue eyes and black hair. She was dressed in a black silk dress with dark purple spots. She appeared to be between the ages of three and four.

"Hey, you by yourself, little lamb?"

He smiled slightly as he turned to face me. Some of her hair is out of place. But before I could, a flash of orange light pushed the strands back for her.

She possesses magical abilities. I couldn't abandon her here. I snatched the innocent girl up and led her back to the castle.

I walked over to Merlin and opened the door.

"Yes?"

"Uh, well, I have discovered something very unusual," I said, trying to keep the child from storming into the room.

But she ran inside no matter how hard I tried.

"What in the world is this?!?" Merlin yelled as the child began to run around, enthralled by everything that caught her eye.

"Morgana," Merlin says sharply, giving me an unfavourable look.

"What?" I say this while crossing my arms.

"Why did you bring this child into this room? She's causing havoc everywhere!"

But when Merlin tried to grab her, she began to float in mid-air.

"Morgana, please explain this right away!"

"I found her in the middle of nowhere and insisted on bringing her here."

Merlin leapt forwards and grabbed the girl. "And what are you expecting me to do with the girl?"

"Guide her."

"Guide her with what?"

"She does have magic, doesn't she?"

"I can see that"

The girl had a big happy smile on her face, and she floated around. I couldn't help but smile.

Merlin looked at me smiling at the girl.

Merlin exhaled a sigh. "I don't have time to raise children, Morgana; I have my own work to do, you know."

"Return her to where she came from."

I gasped

"Merlin! This child was all alone! Abandoned! What do you believe the Trolls would do if they discovered her?"

He groans once more.

"Indeed yes, she would become their next meal."

The child sits on the ground and smiles as she opens a spell book. She selects a random page and begins casting spells.

Merlin is grabbed by a large spark of long rope.

"Blast it, Morgana."

The child smiled as he turned to face Merlin. Merlin sighed softly and smiled at the child.

He lowers himself to the child's level.

"Do you have a name"

I approach Merlin.

The girl nods.

"Laylah Miller"

"Where are your parents, Laylah?"

The young lady looks around and clasps her hands together. "Umm"

Laylah was stumbling around. She was fighting back tears. Next to Merlin, I kneel.

I put my hand on the child's shoulder.

"It's all right to cry."

Small tears stream down the child's cheeks.

"They-they- left m-me"

"They left you?" I repeat

She gives a nod.

"It's okay, because we'll take care of you."

✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 😉

𝐏𝐥𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩 𝐚 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬,

𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞 

Written and Published: 1 August 2021

Edited: 17 September 2022