41. Ice Chains P.2

✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~

Douxie POV:

The green knight slowly takes his helmet off to reveal that he is.....

"Arthur! My king... How? Why?" Merlin gasps

Laylah does the same. We were all shocked.

"After I fell in battle, there was darkness. But they made me anew"

"No! It cannot be!"

Laylah gets picked up by Jim and so do I as I get hit into the ground.

Skrael points his staff towards us.

"We propose new terms"

"Give us Nari, or they die"

"Hisirdoux! Lay!"

"I'm sorry! This is my fault!" I yell trying to find a way to get out. Laylah was doing the same.

"I know not what darkness twists you, but you will not harm them!"

He steps back

"Not while I draw breath!"

Chains fly from him and the arcane order get caught in them but not Arthur

✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~

Laylah POV:

I try to free myself from the trollhunters grip. But it was no use. I helplessly sat there and watched.

The chains didn't grab Arthur though. He pulled the chains and leaped forward and gabbed Merlin by his neck.

He took his sword and stabbed. His eyes turn yellow for a second.

"No!" Douxie yells

"Merlin!" I say as tears come down my eyes.

"My friend...."

He says weakly

"What have you become?"

"Our redemption" The Green Knight utters

Morgana comes down from a shadow portal and sighs.

"It's over"

"Morgana! That's your master! You were his friend! I was your friend!!" I yell at the top of my lungs. I was angry. I was sad.

My master, my partner my father.... was going to die.

Douxie and I were feeling the same.

But when Arthur pushed Merlin out the window as it broke. Merlin falling from the sky.

"No!" We both yells as Jim flew back. We both arouse magic flaming around us our eyes changed in colour.

Douxie threw Archie at Claire and Steve

"Get out of here!" He yells as he flys out of the ship to catch Merlin.

I stayed behind I pointed my staff towards Morgana. I couldn't explain in words how angry I was at her.

"MORGANA! THAT WAS YOUR MASTER AND YET YOU STAND THERE AND WALK AWAY?!!"

She turns to me. She gave no emotion or expression. "I'm doing what is right..."

"YOUR DOING WHAT IS WRONG!" My voice was deep and like a demon

She frowns in sadness and turns away for a second.

"I will never forgive you...." I say walking backwards and jumping out of the window to find Douxie. I finally landed and quickly helped Douxie lay Merlin on a rock.

"Hang on. Hang on, Master. Hang on!" We both say

Steve and Claire finally join us. We had returned back to our normal states.

"Oh,no!" Steve gasps

"Lay, Douxie!"

"This looks bad" They sigh

"Hold still. We can fix this! I can fix this! I can—" I say grabbing his hands

"Stop, Laylah. No one can. Do not blame yourself" He sighs weakly

"I'm sorry. I should have listened to—" Douxie starts

"No,no I'm sorry"

"I spent a lifetime serving the wrong master, trying to save this world"

"You can't. Your Merlin! The greatest wizard of all time!" Douxie says

"I saw a glimmer of greatness of what you could become. And the greatest thing I have ever accomplished was saving you. And you Laylah....."

He touches my cheek. I hold his hand close as many tears roll down my face.

"I couldn't ask for a better partner then you"

"We'll try and make you proud" Douxie and I say together.

"You already have...my children"

Merlin hands fell to the ground he wasn't moving.

He was dead.

"No..." Douxie and I say

"No.... you can't go!"

"No, please. Where not ready"

We both hugged him. But he suddenly turns to dust.

"Huh?"

Claire comes and leans down to us

"Douxie, Laylah, I'm so sorry"

" I—I can't believe he's gone" Archie sighs as he rubs against me.

A book slowly appears on the ground and a letter with my name was on there.

"What is that?" Claire asks

"It's all we have left to guide us. Other than that,.... Where on our own" Douxie sighs holding the book close to him.

I picked up the letter and was ready to open it. But I stop and sighed placing my hands by my sides.

Douxie turns to me and gives me a massive hug.

But something would make me feel better.

Merlin was gone.

✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~

𝐇𝐢 𝐆𝐮𝐲𝐬!

𝐒𝐨, 𝐲𝐞𝐚! 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫.

𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐀𝐃.

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬.

𝐏𝐥𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩 𝐚 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬,

𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞