14. Powerful Alley

✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~

Laylah POV:

Douxie and I gallop along in the forest following Arthur and the knights. We finally caught up to Merlin who was in the middle of us all. He was clearly keeping a close eye on the king.

"Merlin, you have to look at the Time Map!" Douxie shouts out to Merlin

"You defy my command when the king's life is in Jeopardy"

"Need I remind you that we trespass in gunmar's territory" Merlin said in a serious voice

"But, master, we found a new timeline!" I yell as my horse and I gallop next to Merlin.

"We can save everyone if we get Arthur and Morgana—" But I was cut short by Arthur

"They're entered the wild wood abandon the horses, we head on foot"

"Changing fate isn't that simple, what's most important is that I keep Arthur safe from harm"

Merlin gallops away before we could say anything else.

"Oh, good chat sir" Archie yells out

"Forget him, stick to the plan" Douxie protested hopping off his horse.

I felt a little queasy in the head. I wasn't sure if I wanted to join the rest of the team.

"Everything alright Lay?" Douxie askes putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah but.... uh, Doux I was found in these woods what if... what if..."

"Nothing will happen to you or anyone. We have Merlin and you have me"

His words made me smile. "Thanks, Doux" I say holding his hand.

It was warm and cozy.

"Now the plan..." Doux said pointing to Claire

"I'll cover morgana"

"And Laylah and I will take care of the king"

"Laylah, if you have trouble with the king, go and help Claire our best hope with Morgana"

I nod in agreement

"And let's just focus on getting these royal siblings to hug and makeup"

"And not die" Claire and I say at the same time.

"Yes, that too"

✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~

Douxie POV:

Laylah and I slowly walk towards Arthur.

I cleared my throat.

"Uh, enjoying the hunt, milord?"

"You again boy? And Miller?"

"No! I'll feel better when I deal with my sister"

It was clear Arthur was angry. I knew I had to be convincing/persuasive.

But what could I say?

"Wouldn't you say life to short to hold grudges?"

"I mean. Family's so important, you're lucky you've got one, closed I ever got was him" I say pointing Arch who was licking his fur.

"Hmm"

"Milord, Douxie is right. Morgana is your step-sister. Your taking family for granted"

"And what would you know about this hmm? Not like you have anyone" Arthur says straight in Laylah's face.

I couldn't believe what Arthur had just say. But Laylah kept a straight face and didn't say a word.