Chapter Nine

The Truth

Dipper

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday and I've enjoyed everyone one of them. But, I have a feeling this one is going to be the best.

Bill and I have been dating for quite some time now, and let me just say things have been going surprisingly well.

For him being a demon and all.

It's been three amazing months with him and today's our three month anniversary. I'm sitting in my room on Halloween night while Mabel watches her anime crap. Suddenly, Bill struts into the room, like the show-off he is, stopping right in front of me.

"Uh... Hi, bill?" I say confused.

He snaps his fingers and a miniature potted pine tree appears in his hands. With his free hand, he takes mine and lightly kisses the top of it.

He then hands me the tree. "For you pine tree," he states, wearing his well-known smirk.

"Haha.. so funny," I mocked, rolling my eyes and smiling.

"C'mon, let's go,"

"Wait, where?" I said dumbfoundingly.

Bill rolled his eyes this time. "To our three-month anniversary date Dippy."

Before I could respond his impatience got the best of him and he took my hand, leading me downstairs, and out the door. He held on to my hand as we walked into the woods where my "surprise" was. Bill stopped and stared intently at me. I could barely make out the trees towering above us due to the dark, but the moon was bright enough so I could see his face.

I started to say something but Bill stopped me. "No this isn't where our date is but before we go...we need to talk."

Oh no, this is where every relationship dies. I should've known from the start that this whole thing was too good to be true.

Bill took a shaky breath before saying "Dipper I love you and it means the literal world to me that you feel the same. But, I need to tell you that not everything is exactly the way it's planned out to be. A demon in love with a mortal it's not normal."

Bill looked up at the sky biting his lip and I swear I could see tears in the corners of his eyes. He continued " And since it's not normal, the authorities make sure that at least one of the lovers serves the... consequences."

"I- I wanted to tell you from the beginning, but I didn't want to lose you." He said tears now streaming down his cheeks.

I was scared, also starting to cry. Seeing Bill like this just made me sad.

After a few moments of silence, I choked out. "What kind of consequences?"

He looked away distressed and muttering. "Usually death.."

I stepped back struck by what he just said. Pain filled my entire body and I hurt from the heartbreak. Bill ripped me from my state of shock and pulled me into a hug wrapping his long arms around my waist.

He pulled back and choked out "I'm sorry I should've told you before but I was scared and I did-" he abruptly stopped mid-way and his mouth was wide open. His expression was rock solid and his eyes were locked on something or someone behind me. I spun around to see what he was looking at and I gasped at what I saw.

Standing unusually close was a dark, stocky figure in jet black robes. A hood shaded his face but his stinging red eyes glowed like pinpointing lasers. I looked down quickly and realized what was happening.

It all happened so quickly.

Bill shouted something, but the gruesome slash and my yelp of pain drowned him out. Still standing, I looked down at the dark liquid seeping through my shirt. My head started to feel light as air and my legs wobbled. I collapsed on the cold forest floor and clutched my wound. The blood was everywhere and I felt myself slipping away. Bill was at my side now bawling and saying things but the ringing in my ears was too loud to hear him.

Everything around me was getting brighter and I was breaking off the world. I was leaving. I got one last look of Bill before everything turned blank white.

Goodbye, my love.