Chapter One

Home Sweet Home

Dipper

I'm Dipper Pines, I'm nineteen, and I'm finally moving out of my parents house to move back in at my Great Uncle Stan's "Mystery Shack". I'm going to be living there with my crazy and energetic twin Mabel. I'm really eager yet slightly nervous knowing that I'm only one bus ride away from being reunited with all the amazing people that I spent my summer with seven years ago. Yet, there was always this nagging anxiety pulling my strings...

What if he comes back?

Interrupting my thoughts Mabel shouts from beside me "Hey, Dip, our bus is here! Gravity Falls here we come!"

She bounced up and down and I couldn't help but frown at the thought of her having four-inches of height on me. Stupid shortness. Mabel hasn't changed that much since she was twelve. She still portrays the same bubbly personality, knack for knitting, and large number of sequins. Yet, I have been wondering about her newfound constant topic of our conversations: Pacifica. We ended up becoming close to her by the end of that summer in Gravity Falls, but was she really that interested in the preppy blonde? I, for one, was ready to see my great uncles Stanley and Ford, everyday was an adventure with them around.

"Yup, sure am," muttering in response, lacking the confidence and enthusiasm my sister has.

Don't get me wrong, I'm entirely ecstatic about going back to Gravity Falls. But the amount of energy Mabel has is extremely difficult to mock. Her beverage invention, "Mabel Juice", is just a little too much for someone like me, so I don't have that burst of energy she gets. Honestly, it could do without the plastic dinosaurs floating in the drink.

As we sit down in our seats I begin to think about how long it will take until we arrive, so to pass the time I decide to listen to music. I pop an earbud in and press the shuffle button, leaning my shoulder against the bus wall. My face pressed against the window glass and I stared out the window as the music begins to play. The song was unfamiliar and to be honest, I've never heard anything like it. Not really looking much into it I continue to listen to the song. It was upbeat, energetic, and the lyrics sounded very happy. But being an intelligent young adult, I found the meaning behind the lyrics a bit odd. They were disturbing and about human possession. Not the possession as in horror movies where the ghost or demon takes the body of their victim. No, it was as in a human owning another human. But, the sick thing about it all was that they considered it love.

As the song continues I think of Bill Cipher. The arrogant triangle who can haunt your dreams and shit. Ugh, pathetic. But in the back of my head, I knew that wasn't exactly how I felt about him. See before I left he would not leave me alone. He was determined to make my life miserable and distract me from the secrets of the journals as much as he could. But, after Ford came back there was nothing Bill could do to keep me away from the answers. Yet, the triangle still hung around and eventually took his human form of a growing adolescent as I was at the time. We became "friends" I guess and I may or may not developed a childish crush on him.

Heat creeps up to my face and I scold myself for blushing and thinking that way about Bill. I am never loving that moronic psycho and I know he doesn't want to be my friend..he only wants to cause me harm and keep me away from important secrets. There is no way I can ever forgive him for what he's done in the past and there's no way I can ever trust him. 

But yet, as much as I would deny it, how could I not forgive that cute dork?

I sigh in irritation and let myself start to drift off. Before I knew it my surroundings become blurry and I enter a dreamless slumber.

I have a feeling this year's stay at infamous Gravity Falls is going to be an.. interesting experience.