ten.

"i dont want to leave you"

We continued to run away from the church, sirens were the loudest they had been all day

We continued to run away from the church, sirens were the loudest they had been all day. We ran after Sarah who was leading the way until we got to a house her step mom was selling.

"We can hide in here," she told us as we got up to the for sale sign.

"You sure this place is empty?" John B asked her.

"Yeah, it's Rose's listing," she told him. We ran up to the door and Sarah put in the code.

"Let's check this street. They can't be far," someone said. We panicked opening the door quickly, shutting it, and crouching down away from the window so they couldn't see us.

"Nothin' here."

"Check the porch."

"I got this one. you go check next door."

"Okay, will do."

"I'll go around back."

The officer knocked on the door, and me and Sarah covered our mouths.

"Let's go. Come one. Let's go upstairs," John B told us. We went up the stairs and into a room. We looked out the window only to see Rafe and Kelce looking for us.

"I can't believe that's my brother," Sarah sighed. I feel bad for her I really do.

We made two beds in the closet, one for me, the other for Sarah and John B. Once again I let them have their privacy, I've gotten good at ignoring people.

I kept a pillow case we found pressed to my wound, which still hadn't stopped bleeding. I didn't know how much longer i would last if it kept bleeding like this. Eventually I was able to fall asleep, I don't know if I was just really tired, or if it was because of my loss of blood. I didn't really care.

-

"n/n wake up," John B shook me awake.

"Ow, ow. Stop," I told him as he was shaking my bad shoulder.

"Sorry. But, um Sarah's gone I don't know where she went," he said freaking out.

"Nobody would've taken her and not us. Look," I explained to him seeing a note tapped to the door and handing it to him.

"Only the truth can save us now Don't move till I get back.
-Val"

"Code names. Nice," I said grabbing the note and putting it in his pocket. "Ain't trying to leave any evidence behind."