Chapter 1 - The Fallen

Few people knew of who Alexander really was, though even those who knew wouldn't accept the truth. Alexander was a loud and annoying sixteen year old boy. He was the son of a god, kind and gentle yet feared among his kind.

"Alexander, eat.." Vercillium said as he held a spoon to his son's face. Alexander stared blankly at the spoon, his once blue but now grey eyes stared into space.

"Alexander. Eat," Vercillium said once more. His son sat lifelessly on the chair with no response. Vercillium sighed as he placed the spoon down, "eat. this is an order"

The blonde picked up the spoon and began to eat. His father sighed, where did this all go wrong? Vernilson took a shaky breath and began to speak, how exhausting this was. Coming home from an adventure, only to see his beloved brother and father broken, it could have all been prevented if he had just talked that fool out of taking on the unknown god's challenge, "Father... isn't this enough? Let's.."

"Finish that sentence Vern," the brunette looked away from his father, he hated those angered blue eyes. He felt like they could drown him and kill him at any moment. Vernilson sighed, perhaps leaving them alone for a while longer would do his father some good. Things in the Liberine family had been like this for quite a while now. Ever since Alexander got his emotions taken away from him one year ago.

It was a brutal fight, but the god of rage was not to be defeated. Swing after swing, hit after hit. He countered every move the unknown god had executed. But fate was not kind to the young god, as fast as lighting the unknown god had taken the light from Alexander's eyes. Everything was still, things seemingly moved as slowly as paint dried for the golden haired boy, "this is an order."

The unknown god smiled as the god of rage stood, unmoving. His blue eyes slowly drained of colour as his shocked expression changed into a neutral and blank one.

"Surrender."

The rage god threw his divine weapon to the ground and knelt in front of the unknown god. He was but a husk now, unmoving and unwilling to do anything unless it was an order. As days passed, the god had kneeled in the same spot despite it being rain or shine. Soon he was found by Soraine who had worried for his youngest brother. But to his dismay, he found his brother kneeling on the ground unmoving.

"Alex," he spoke. The child did not reply.

"Alexander," he began to shake Alexander, still, no reply. The blood god's eyes grew wide as he realised what had happened to his brother. In a shaky breath, he spoke again.

"Alexander, stand up. This is an order," the blonde stood up and looked at the blood god, his suspicions were correct. Soraine cupped his brother's cheek, "how could this have happened... who have you enraged..."

Soraine's eyes began to sting as he stared into those grey eyes. Dull and lifeless like a doll. The god shut his eyes before the first of his pathetic tears could fall.

"This is an order, collect your divine weapons," Alexander walked around the place where he fought. He picked up many items that had either been broken or he'd thrown after the unknown god gave him the order. He returned in front of Technoblade awaiting his next orders.

"Order, go home to Vercillium," Alexander nodded and began to move with inhuman speed through the heavens. Soraine could only stare at the child before heading home to his father as well. As he felt something warm roll down on his cheeks, he chuckled lightly before sighing.

"It's ironic how someone as annoying as you is the second person to make me cry," sobbed the god. He wiped his tears away as he prepared to see his father's devastated expression.

As Soraine returned home, he saw his father, kneeling pathetically in front of the child. Sobbing and muttering to himself as if he had lost his mind.

"My son... my son... who did this to you... who did this to you!" Screamed Vercillium. The shape-shifter walked slowly towards his father, never did he ever think his father would cry like this.

"Sor.... Sor..." his father clung onto him pathetically like a child begging for their parents. Soraine stared at his father, his eyes were red from crying, his voice rough from screaming, and his hair wet from the downpour in their realm.

Soraine brought the two into the castle, rows of servants turned their heads away as they saw Alexander in that state. Their beloved prince was gone, forever cursed to be unfeeling and uncaring. Soraine brought Vercillium and Alexander to one of their small meeting rooms to wait for his father to eventually calm down and was able to speak.

"Vercil, is there a way to fix this? I only know of the ritual, not the remedy," Soraine looked into his father's blue eyes. There was no need for words, he already knew the answer.

"Hope, we shall not lose. For every curse has a remedy. I'm sure there is a god who knows of such remedy," Soraine had lost all hope at this point, when his father spoke in that manner it meant that he was upset and unsure. Though, he was still hopeful.

Now, it had been one year since the incident. Alexander showed no signs of returning to normal, but his strength had increased ten fold. Should he duel with Soraine, he would be victorious.

But there was one incident neither Vercillium or Soraine could understand. Vernilson had returned home from one of his many expeditions to different lands. And with him, was a fragment of Alexander. The soul that was taken away by an unknown god, or perhaps that was what they wished it to be. Vercillium looked at the letter that came with the fragment, "seek and you will find, his soul shall be mine. Come to the land of dreams, perhaps he shall be released."

Vernilson brought the fragment to his brother, there was no reaction to the blue shard whatsoever. Soraine read through the letter once more, "a land of dreams... actually, there was an invitation for Vernilson to go to a new world recently. I believe it was called Dreamer, a truly odd name for a world."

Sorsine walked towards a grey box he rummaged through until he found a pendant, on it was a locket that was large enough to fit the small fragment. He placed it in Vernilson's hands before patting Alexander's head, "I believe their goal is to bring Alexander to the Dreamer world with you. I don't know anything else though."

Vernilson fiddled with the pendant until he opened it, the brunette placed the fragment inside and closed the pendant. He placed the silver chain around Alexander's neck before smirking.

"I'm going to the smp," the brunette announced. He was going to get his precious brother back, no matter what. He had vowed to after all, they were one in the same.