Chapter 2 - Siren and Deity

Soraine's grip on Alexander's shoulder only grew tighter the closer they had walked to the nether portal. He just couldn't let this husk go into any more danger, he was supposed to be a great warrior. He was supposed to be the next generation for the all slaying art, the blood god's judgement.

"Soraine, let go. We're here now," Vernilson pushed the blood god away from Alexander. Soraine retaliated by grabbing Alexander's wrist instead of his shoulder, "aw, you bitch," said Vernilson with a smile on his face. The elf sighed before releasing his grip on Alexander's wrist, "you're smart Vern, I'm sure you can get Alex back."

The siblings smiled at each other, a mix of worry and reassurance was hidden behind the smiles. Vernilson hit Soraine on the back before he went through the portal with Alexander, he savoured Soraine's shocked and irritated face as he leapt into the portal. It would be a long time before he could irritate the brother once more.

Vernilson walked around the dark and warm nether, what an irritating place to be for an extended amount of time. The adventure was decent until he reached near the Dreamer's portal realm. As he walked through, he saw perhaps one of the ugliest nether realms he'd ever wandered into. The brunette walked confidently through the mess, bridges made of multiple different blocks that lead everywhere, random platforms and not to mention how thin some of the bridges were. Though, slowly but surely, the two had reached the portal for the realm. Decorated with a blackstone platform, it was truly the most beautiful thing in the nether realm surrounding it.

As they stepped into the portal, Vernilson had noticed something different with Alexander. Perhaps it was the long time spent in the nether, or he was getting dehydrated. But whatever it was, something was off. And his suspicions were proven right the moment he could see the bright daylight of the overworld.

"Vern! Vern! We're finally here!" Alexander exclaimed as he pulled Vernilson out of the portal. The brunette stared at the blonde, who was this? Sure, they talk and act similarly to Alexander but something was slightly off.

"...Alexander?" The blonde turned around to look at his brother in confusion, why wasn't he just as excited as he was? It was the Dreamer realm! A new fresh start to make new friends!

"You look all glum! Let's get working on our house! We don't want to be homeless for our first night do we?" Vernilson's eyes met with an icy shade of grey, the colour looked sharp enough to pierce through him. It was like his father's gazes when something had truly angered him. And the manner of speech, although it was similar, whoever was in front of him was just slightly more outgoing than Alexander.

"... who are you.." he muttered, Alexander furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms, "how rude! I'm your brother, we're the only two humans in the family. Hence why we travelled to the far lands!"

Vernilson froze, no, this must be something caused by the fragment. Perhaps this version of Alex has a personality and memory change. Although Vernilson and Alexander's appearances were human, they were far from it. Alexander was a god of rage, bringing judgement to those he saw fit and honouring the rules of battle no matter what. And Vernilson was a siren, singing melodies that enchant others, his words manipulate and stick in your soul like glue, he used this to his advantage on his travels by advising and sweet talking others to get him a discount or perhaps a free side dish.

Vernilson laughed in reply, "sorry, sorry, the nether's heat must be getting to me. Let's get a drink from the pond over there, yeah?" Alexander nodded and the two began to explore this land called Dreamer. A while into the journey, Vernilson paused. 

"This is an order, take out a divine weapon," said the siren. Alexander's expression immediately turned monotonic as he took out his axe made of Hematite and Amethyst. It's purple axe head slowly fading into red then turning into a cold silver, its colour was truly a magnificent sight. The blonde held the axe in his hands, holding it out for Vernilson to see.

"It seems you still prioritise orders, that means the curse is still here…" Vernilson began taking out a book and quill as he muttered to himself after the interesting observations he had made that day.

"Okay… now how do I make you go back to that.." Vernilson thought for a moment, though it was hard to think when he was so repulsed by the thought of something posing as his brother. He hated knowing that there was even the slightest possibility that some unknown entity was in his brother's body. He wanted to remove that unknown soul, gauge it out and make it regret ever stepping foot inside Alexander's body. Such a pure body and soul, he couldn't let it be tainted by some filthy god or human's soul. Especially if it was a god.

“Order completed,” the blonde had no reaction. Vernilson thought for a moment, perhaps the weapon?

“Order, keep your divine weapon,” this time, Alexander reacted. His axe phased out into pixels before disappearing completely. And as Vernilson had predicted, the child had changed back to the irritatingly similar yet different character of Alexander. Vernilson smiled at the impostor, he will get Alexanded back.

"Come on, let's go find a place for our home," said the blonde, who grabbed Vernilson's hands before leading them to a nice spot next to a hill. As the days and months passed, Alexander and Vernilson built their houses. They had even befriended a young satyr named Tobias, he enjoyed spending time with Alexander and listening to Vernilson's enchanting music.

Slowly, they had gotten used to the realm. Vernilson even had a son who he named Floris, though his mother left the child. Eventually, Vernilson had vowed to create a place of safety for his son. He created a nation called L'vrijburg, a small country made of mostly european citizens and a tall blackstone wall surrounding it.

However, things never seemed to go the way he wanted. The so-called ruler of the land, Dream, didn't like the idea of a country that wasn't under his rule. But the siren would not falter, he charmed and swindled, enchanted and manipulated, he will make a safe place for his son.

His powers did not work on the human however, all chances of his country being a peaceful place were gone. They were now at war with the ruler.

Things would escalate far more than any of them could have guessed.