Chapter 6 - Who Are You?

Who are you?

"I'm a god!" Huffed the blonde. His legs began aching from his non-stop running.

What are you the god of?

"Shut up!" Alexander yelled at the top of his lungs. And as if the heavens had heard his call, a light had appeared in the void. Warmth and a new smell, how many months had it been since he felt the warmth of the sun? A diamond sword suddenly appeared in his hands, Alexander pointed the sword at the void.

"Do not," he spoke. The void scattered away like mist before him, what? Where was he? He was confused, and who was this child beside him? Judging from the circumstances, Alexander concluded he was tasked with protecting the child.

"I'm sorry love, please step back for a moment," Alexander paid close attention to the child, it was odd. The child seemed confused as they stared at Alexander. But that was not his point of focus, he had to get rid of the people causing problems.

"Do not!" He pointed the mortal weapon to the skies, his ocean eyes seemingly lit up as well.

"Mess with the rage of a god!" He brought the lightning down from the heavens. A power he seemed to be gifted with from the previous king of gods, Zeus. The lightning crashed, the thunder roared, Alexander saw the mist-like void once again.

The blonde sighed, was it time to return to the void already? If his body was kept alive here, it must have meant that Vernilson was here as well. Time was short, his vision was being bombarded by the mist. Alexander reached backwards to touch the fox's ears, "tell Vern, I'm in a void-"

His conscience faded, the sword disappeared from his hands, he was once again in the void. Alexander sat up, "foolish siren, you seek what cannot be achieved by your kind. Does the god of blood not wish to participate in your war?" He asked into the void chuckling ad he finished the sentence. Of course, as he expected, there was no reply. He laid down on the strange liquid floor that would never wet him, the warmth of the sun was sheer bliss to him, the feeling of a real sword in his hands— even if it was not his divine weapon— felt so surreal. How could he forget his own powers? He was the god of rage, something he was proud of. Something he struggled and succeeded in.

Alexander reached his hand out into the void, he gasped awake and saw Vernilson staring at the destruction caused by tnt. He glanced down at his body, then at the destroyed L'vrijburg, "what the fuck.."

Vernilson turned to look at Alexander, "so the hero has finally woken up?" He joked. The blonde scoffed at the joke, "how.."

Vernilson smiled, thought it was sad, he would have to lie to Alexander once more. This puzzle was far more exciting than he ever thought it would be, "you were so enraged by Erin's betrayal that you attacked him and saved us."

His sickeningly enchanting voice crawled into Alexander's ears and stuck to him like glue. He lived up to his title, a siren.

"You seek more than what you can handle, my dearest brother. A siren belongs in the seas, step too close to the shore and you may be caught by a poacher," Alexander commented. Vernilson froze, what?

"You must be really shocked right now, I am also quite shocked right now," Alexander sat down to stare at the crater. Such a mess, perhaps he should fill it in later— later being when he would appear next.

"How.. when…" Vernilson sputtered. Alexander moved his arms around, he felt lighter than before. Whoever or whatever was living in his body didn't seem to eat much food.

"Were there any changes? From my end I was in a void, and suddenly I could see a bright light," Alexander gently shut his eyes, he would engrave this feeling of warmth deep into his mind before returning to the void.

"Ah, I got another shard of your soul just moments before you appeared. You are aware of the ritual that was placed on you right?" Vernilson took out his notebook, this could be when he solved the puzzle, two bright minds working on one unsolved puzzle.

"I can sense danger, or well, I've never been able to sense when you were in danger before this. That's when I tried breaking out of the void, and I managed to- well, no shit, I'm right here," the rage god opened his ocean blue eyes.

"Hmm… when you sensed danger, how long do you think you were trying to escape?" Vernilson asked as he wrote swiftly with his quill.

"Hmm… I ran for about ten minutes before the void began asking me who I was, what I was the god of. It was getting extremely irritating if I were to be honest," Alexander replied. He sighed as he noticed the mist-like void encircling him. He leaned against Vernilson's leg causing the brunette to stop writing, "I need to go now, this might happen more and more, I don't know. Perhaps certain circumstances need to be met for this, you're smart Vern."

The blonde paused, he had always put on the stupid act, but he was an incredibly intelligent individual, "but you need the help of Soraine and Father. It's far too easy to make your world fall apart right now, you have found a meaning to things to care for and something that could be used against you. I can see it."

The siren lowered his hands slowly, his brother was right. He was even weaker than before now, he had things to worry about, people that could easily be kidnapped and used against him. He cared, and what's worse was how the people he cared for were not strong like his father or elder brother. They were mortal and weak, and his son was still such a mystery to the world.

Vernilson sighed, patting his brother's curly hair as he waited for the artificial personality to return. He felt conflicting emotions, he wished his dear brother could be with him right now, but he also wished that this personality that was replacing the god of rage could stay as well. Even though it was just a back-of-his-head kind of feeling, he felt like this Alexander would be staying for quite a long while. This cheerful boy that didn't hate himself for being useless.