Chapter 8 - The Post War Election

Alexander gazed out of his window, the view of L'vrijburg truly was beautiful. Things had been peaceful after the deal, though he did miss his discs. But, something told him that it was better to give them the disc than his locket, just a feeling.

He'd been having less dreams where Vernilson would give him an order, a bittersweet moment for him.

He had a clue on what he was already, he definitely wasn't the owner of this body that's for one. From the moment he entered this body, he knew everything he needed to. But he'd noticed the decline in muscle and him gradually becoming skinnier. You could chock it up to a diet change, but he had faint memories where things just didn't match up. 

And that ghost-like creature, they looked alike. The only difference being their eye colour and muscle, he could remember those eyes so clearly it terrified him. Instead of piercingly cold like his, they were overwhelming. It was as if he could have been drowned that instant, yet there was a layer of warmth. What a confusing match of emotions.

But he wouldn't dwell on that for too long, perhaps he was just incomplete. He knew Vernilson collected those blue fragments for a reason, though he didn't know the actual reason. Nonetheless he had things to prepare for, such as the L'vrujburg election.

"President Germaine and vice president Lullaline, has a ring to it no?" Vernilson appeared from behind his brother, causing the blonde to jump. "Honestly, why must our middle names be so girly? Soraine's is worst! His full name is literally Soraine Lilliane Liberine!" Whined Alexander as he heard the sudden usage of his middle name. Vernilson giggled slightly as he peered out the window next to Alexander.

"The view's good innit?" The blonde rested his head on his hands, a cool breeze swept by.

"Hey, hey, don't go changing the subject on me. Come on, get your suit on, we have to give our promises for the nation don't we?" Vernilson neatened his coat, the bright red and blues of the L’vrijburg uniform was something he wasn’t getting rid of for a while.

Alexander chuckled, he sat up from the chair, “you’re right mr. president” the blonde joked. He tossed on the uniform swiftly, who cares if he wasn’t the true Alexander Vernilson had known? If he was just the replacement then he should damn well be a great replacement.

“It truly impresses me how much you work Wil, it’s only been a month and you’ve already built the stage," Alexander commented. Vernilson hummed in reply, things were smooth sailing for now. 

“Hey, Big A! My man!” a familiar voice called out. Alexander turned to see his friend, Alexis Qwerin or just Qwerin or short, it was odd that he prefered his surname, but no one questioned it. The man had a strange smile, it was due to a deformity he was born with. Instead of curling up to form a smooth line, his smiles looked roughly like a semi-rectangle. Despite his friendly demeanor, he was the other candidate for the presidential election.

"Big Q! I'm not letting you win this game, Vernilson and I have got this in the bag," Alexander nudged Vernilson, "ain't that right mr president?" 

Vernilson smirked, he hummed in acknowledgment. His gaze only seemed to make the shorter rival even more determined, "we'll see about that."

As the two made their promises, they now awaited their endorsements. For Qwerin, his had failed to show, further lowering his chances of winning the election. For Vernilson, however, this would go far worse than anything he could have predicted.

An older, and very clearly drunk satyr walked to the podium. He cleared his throat before staring down at the crowd, ".. fuck you guys, I'm running for president."

The atmosphere had become tense, the clear skies slowly turned into an overcast as the satyr turned towards his rivals. His neon yellow ram eyes a stark contrast to Vernilson and Qwerin's dark shade of brown and black.