Chapter 10 - The Tally

Vernilson's hand shivered as he held the paper, was he nervous? Or was he scared? He couldn't tell anymore, just like when he was tasked with taking care of a child. He could laugh and joke all he wanted but he was afraid.

"Alexis Qwerin, 35% of the vote," Vernilson read out. His heart felt heavy as he remembered the mistake he made with Qwerin.

"Aloriatt, 16% of the vote," the blonde felt a smile appearing on his face.

"And as for the L'vrijburgies, 49% of the vote-" the crowd had begun clapping and cheering, Alexander cheered the loudest from behind the other candidates, wooing and laughing. If only the universe wasn't such a cruel place.

"I'm not finished." The lightened atmosphere had turned heavy again. Vernilson looked down and sighed, "however, Aloriatt and Alex Qwerin have formed a coalition thus pooling their votes together. Leaving them with a leading victory of 1% with 50% of the vote."

The smile on Alexander's face had disappeared. Vernilson turned around to let Aloriatt have the podium, pulling Alexander away from the stage.

"But Vern-"

"We can't do anything, he's the president now. We can only listen," Vernilson held his brother's hand. He had a terrible feeling of what was going to happen. No, he knew something terrible would happen.

"Well, that was pretty easy," the satyr spoke in a mocking tone. He laughed for a moment, "and you know what I said the day that I got unbanned from the the inner realm and the day I said I was running?"

He paused to stare at Vernilson, "an election that I won, by the way." Alexander had wanted to kill that bastard right then and there. No one, no one mocks his family. "I said, 'Things are going to change.' I looked every citizen of L'vrijberg in the eyes and I said, 'You listen to me: This place will be a lot different tomorrow.'"

Vernilson's eyes widened as he was met with those sickening neon yellow eyes, "Let's start making it happen."

Alexander turned to look at his brother, then to stare at the satyr, "my first decree as the president of L'vrijberg - the EMPORER of this great country - is to REVOKE the citizenship of Vernilson Germaine Liberine! Get him out of here! Get him out of here! You're no longer welcome!"

Vernilson froze for a moment, no. What was he doing, he had to run.

He was scared.

He had to run-

Alexander?

Run-

Help-

Run!-

Qwerin ran down from the stage and pulled Alexander's locket away, an order he received from Aloriatt before he came down to chase the banned man.

"Vern run-" gasped the boy. His eyes turned cold as he stood still. The siren dashed away from the scene, dodging arrows as he ran.

____________

How long had he been running? He had swam a good distance away as well. There no signs of Qwerin or any other L'vrijburgies following him, that was good.

They took Alexander's locket… surely that was no coincidence? Was it the god again? Which god ruled this universe anyway? No, he needed to focus on finding shelter. Could he go home? To the hardcore universe..

"Need some help little brother?" Vernilson turned to see a head of bright electric blue hair. Those golden eyes, the formal clothing of a king. He yearned to see them, he yearned to hear the deep and rough voice that called him little brother.

"Lily…" the blood god hugged his brother, their long awaited reunion was finally here.

"Wait- how did you-" Soraine shushed his brother and pointed to his nose and temple, of course, he was a boar and those sickening voices lead him to random places. Why didn't he think that earlier.

"Where's Alex? I'd like to see him even if he won't react…" Soraine rubbed his neck, it had been over ten years since they last met, he wanted to see the child once more. Even if there would be no reaction.

"I- he- we… Let's build a hidden base for now, it's going to he a long night.." Vernilson removed his hat before letting out a heavy sigh.

"Something tells me that you have quite the story to tell."

"I do, and I don't think you'd like the last part."