chapter eleven

when Sam finally gets home, she closes the door of her room and the smile can't leave her face, this night turned up to be one of the best nights in her life. and seeing the three of them hanging out again made the night even better. she takes a chair and stands on it and tries to reach a box at the top of her Wardrobe, it was like a time capsule. a message she sent to her future self to read. she made that box when she was in high school and promised herself to not open it till she turns 27 and today was the day. the box had a lot of pictures of the three of them together. the friendship bracelets they made together. hr chocolate cake recipe that Adam would do anything just to eat. he loved anything she cooked but especially that cake. she used to take advantage of that and make him do her homework in exchange for a slice of the cake. she gets so excited and decides to make one right now in the middle of the night and send it to him as a thank you for making her day. when she was done making it she got into her car and went to his house. when she was at the door and was about to knock on the door, she realized what she was doing, she made a cake for a man she was in love with and went to his house by herself to see his reaction and make sure he likes it while being engaged to another man. did she really forget her fiancė just cause he wasn't there for just one night, was she really giving him up that easily?. and to who? to the guy who left her without even saying goodbye? what was he thinking when he hugged her? she would let everything go in her life just cause he is in it now? and how dare he hug someone's fianceė like that, just because he wasn't there doesn't mean he didn't exist. after all, what he did was a lot worse than what Liam did. "Sam!? is that you?" Adam shouts from his balcony, she runs, she didn't want him to see her and get the wrong idea. cause what else what would he think?. when she arrived at her apartment there was someone waiting for her there at the door. "surprise!" says Liam holding a bouquet of sunflowers, her favorites. "I've been waiting here all night, I wanted to surprise you and apologize for not being with you tonight, there really was an emergency but I can't tell you now" she started feeling so guilty for making that cake. "What's that in your hand, is that a cake?" Liam asks. She gets really nervous cause she knows he would ask her from who. "Yeah, I didn't feel like ending the night so I made a cake and wanted to go to the beach and celebrate there alone " he looks at her wondering "and then what happened?" She gets really nervous cause she is not the best at lying. " I didn't feel like eating alone. It made me look pathetic" he smiles feeling lucky for having this girl and being his future wife. "Then why eat it alone? Come let's eat it together". She gives him a slice and her head is full of thoughts but yet happy that he came. "This is the best cake I've ever eaten. Can you make it our wedding cake?" She smiles nor sure if she wants to say yes but it there is no reason that he knows of that makes her say no. "sure" and the guilt is now even more cause she is going to make the cake her former love of her life loved, her wedding cake to her new lover. : someone is at the door I'm gonna go and open it" says Sam and when she reaches the door she hears his voice. It's Adam, she hesitates if she opens the door or not. : who is it darling" Liam asks "I'm not sure yet" says Sam. She opens the door knowing that things are about to get really messed up. "Hey," Adam says with a smile on his face "hello," Liam says. And suddenly the smile on Adam's face fades. "Is Maya here?" Adam asks knowing for sure that she is not there cause she and Anwar were hanging out, "I'm sorry, she is out" says Sam. Thousands and millions of thoughts are on his mind not sure what he would say next. "Darling aren't you going to introduce us?" Says Liam while holding Sam"s hand "oh I'm sorry sure, Adam this is Liam my fiancé, Liam this is Adam my friend from high school." Adam is not sure if he is happy that she called him a friend or be heartbroken that she called him a FRIEND. "Nice to meet you, come on in," Liam says. "No it's okay I'm gonna go. I don't want to ruin your night" Adam says with a fake smile knowing that there is nothing more he wants than to ruin their night. "No I insist come on, we are eating the best chocolate cake you can ever taste" says Liam insisting. A chocolate cake? Adam thinks to himself. He knew it, he knew she was the lady standing in front of his house, and she made that cake for him, not for her fiancee. His smile comes back again "a chocolate cake you say? I wouldn't say no to that"