chapter thirteen

as soon as Sam got out of the plane she went straight to the hospital, when she got in everyone was looking at her in silence. And when her mother saw her she started crying as she has never cried before. Sam knew something was wrong, it didn't take her much to read the room. She got out of the hospital without saying a single word. She was quiet the entire ride home. Not a single tear came from her eyes, she was stuck in her thoughts that no one could reach her on the outside. Her entire life with her granny came in flashbacks yet she didn't say a word. Maya kept calling her but she never answers, as soon as Maya found out she wanted to book a flight but Sam's brother told her not to. When Sam is sad no one ever comes near her cause she could really break your heart with her words even if she doesn't mean it. No one ever had the courage to hear her words, you never know what's inside her head. She could be the most joyful person you can ever see, she is rarely sad but when she is it feels like a hole inside her heart. Sam didn't; attend the funeral. She never attends funerals, she spent the next week just quiet. Nothing comes out of her mouth. she felt lost, not knowing what to exactly feel. Not sure if she feels guilty for not saying goodbye or sad for losing the person she loves the most. When Sam didn't answer anyone's calls Adam got really nervous he had no idea where sam was or what she was doing all he knows was she just disappeared. He called Maya and she told him what happened she told him to not go there, but when did Adam ever listen to what anyone asks him to do. he knew when he went there that if Sam talked he might hate her for the rest of his life for what she might say, but yet he went there. He didn't want to surprise her family so he called her brother, he had his number since high school. Their friendship wasn't the closest but yet still close. He let him in and showed him Her door. After all these years not a single thing changed in that house. He knew Sam didn't like changes but not that much, her grandma dying must be truly hard now. He knocked on the door and opened it. "What are you doing here," Sam says with real anger, maybe even too much anger. Adam didn't say a word cause he knows she is not done talking. He knows she was about to give him the harshest speech he can ever hear but yet he stayed he was happy she at least spoke. "Wasn't it enough what you put me through in high school, why can't you just move on, let me live my life, what did you expect when you came back? I'll be right where you left me? And we will be back the same we were before you left? You know you were the one who left not me, don't you dare forget that and act like it never happened, you betrayed me and you know it..you all left me alone, you Maya and now my grandma" as soon as she said that sentence she realized everything. She realized that she will never get to meet her ever again. And she didn't even say goodbye. She started crying like each bone in her body is getting broken slowly. Like her heart is being ripped out. She cried till she couldn't breathe anymore. Adam is still standing and he hasn't said a word. He wanted to hug her but when he came close to hug her the door went open and Liam walked in and as soon as he saw her he hugged her and patted her hair. That's when Adam realized that he was in love with Sam, he actually never did stop. But this time it was different cause he can't have her. Cause she is in someone else's heart. why is love like that? why do we always realize we love someone when it's too late. When we know we can't be with them. Your heart always betrays you, cause out of everyone it could've picked to love it picked Sam, the only girl he couldn't be with. and what broke him, even more, was the way sam thought of him. It would've been easier if she felt nothing than she feels betrayed by him. He left the room. Feeling like his heart is bleeding more snd more with each step he takes, leaving sam broken, in the hands of another man.