chapter fifteen

after spending two weeks on a vacation to clear up her head. sam decided it's finally time to go back to her house. and continue living her life. when she first stepped into her apartment the first thing she did was go and check her emails before even saying hello to Maya. she hadn't had wifi for two weeks. she didn't want to have any access to the world on her vacation. she didn't. want to worry about anything. but now that she is back she wanted to see what she missed. that's when she screams loud enough to make Maya jump from her bed into Sam's bedroom to make sure everything is fine "sam is that you? is everything alright?" says Maya while taking slow steps towards Sam's room scared to see what's happening. "i... I DID IT!" says Sam after a very long moment of silence to adjust what just happened. "wait do you mean what I think you mean?" asks Maya with her voice getting higher not being able to hide her excitement. then slowly Sam nods her head and says "my script got chosen, I'm going to be a screenwriter". they both scream and hug each other so tight till they can't breathe anymore. being a screenwriter has been Sam's dream for as long as she can remember. she fantasized about it all the time. being invited to the premier and watching people enjoying your work. and if it all goes well maybe even win a couple of awards. she had talent that she didn't want to just save for herself. she wanted other people to appreciate it too. "do you know who they choose for the lead characters?" asks Maya. the main characters being played by popular people is so important for the reputation of the movie, the more popular they were the more audience in movie theaters. "no but I will find out next week on set, of course, I'll have to go and sign my contract first but if things go well they'll start shooting next week". when Sam grabbed her phone to call her fiancee and tell him the big news she found herself dialing Adam's phone number. whenever she imagined this scenario she imagined Adam being there with her and for her, it felt so weird when he wasn't there. ever since she gave him that harsh speech she was ashamed of herself in fact too ashamed to even apologize. so instead she just avoided him and hoped she just never sees him again. "hello?" says Adam from the phone "Sam answer the man," says Maya. finally, Sam realized what she did and hung up without saying a word to him. " is everything good between you and Adam? " asks Maya. "let's just say I'm trying to avoid him" says sam with guilt in her voice "why what happened?" asks Maya. "can we talk about it later I need to call my family and tell them the big news" says Sam getting up going to the kitchen "do you love him?" shouts Maya. turning around Sam gives her a look and says" no, of course not what. are you talking about?" they both share a look not knowing what to say "good, cause you are engaged to marry another man, never forget that Sam" says Maya. Sam always knew they can't be together but why does it sound weird when someone else tells her that. " I know i don't need a reminder" says sam leaving the room.