Discovery

Mumbo and Xisuma followed behind Scar as they wandered through the shopping district, the bells on their collars jingling as they carried an armful of diamonds from the ConCorp shops.

Now that Xisuma was no longer a threat, Scar and Cub didn't have to hide their experiments. So what if the hermits found out about the tests? They practically owned the server, along with its admin.

As for the two animal-hybrids, they were blissfully unaware of almost everything. Scar liked to keep them ignorant, it prevent questions from arising in their simple minds. The less they knew, the better.

Scar set down his shulker of rare materials, taking the diamonds from Mumbo and Xisuma before lazily throwing them into the box. The ConVex sat down onto the box, while the bunny nudged his hand to try and get a few head scratches.

He was very affectionate (not to mention clingy), much more than Mumbo, and much more than Scar expected. The vex giggled as he scratched the base of the rabbit's ears, which made Xisuma melt to his touch.

Suddenly Xisuma paused, his nose slightly twitching as his attention turned towards Sahara, the admin cocking his head with confusion. He watched two unfamiliar figures walk out of the store, clearly worried as they talked to one another.

Scar rolled his eyes at the remaining two architects, maybe Cub could turn them into animal hybrids so that he could actually tolerate them. He picked up his shulker box, tucking it underneath his arm as he looked to the two hermit hybrids.

Mumbo seemed curious, clearly interested by Grian and Iskall. He began to try and walk over to the architects, which Scar narrowed his eyes at. The ConVex pulled out a little bell, which caused the cat's ear to twitch as Scar rung the chime.

"Come on, Mumbo. Let's go back home, shall we?" He cooed, the cat walking over to Scar to run his head against the ConVex's arm to show his loyalty, Mumbo purring softly.

Maybe it was the three hermits standing in the middle of the streets, or maybe it was the bell that Scar had rung, but Iskall's attention was pulled towards the small group. They instantly recognized Mumbo, although they didn't seem to notice his new cat features.

"Iskall? You oka-" Grian paused as he spotted what the Swedish hermit had been staring at, his eyes watering as the builder ran towards the cat.

"MUMBO!" He cried happily, wrapping his arms around the mustached hermit, which caused for the cat to let out a rather curious 'mew?' in response, cocking his head to study the blonde haired Brit.

Grian looked up upon the cat sound, his eyes widening as he noticed Mumbo's new appearance, the builder stumbling backwards. Scar giggled, placing a hand on the cat's shoulder, his eyes a light shade of blue.

"You like what you see?" He asked tauntingly, Iskall running over to Grian's side as Scar spoke.

Xisuma bounced over, nuzzling against the ConVex, his transformation even more shocking than Mumbo.

The admin was short, almost as short as Grian at this point! If you included Xisuma's ears when they stood straight in the air, he would be his old height. Not to mention his cottontail and his dark, vacant eyes.

"W-what the hell, Scar?! What did you do to them?"

"Awe, I made them my pets. Aren't they adorable?" He asked while flicking the bell attached to Mumbo's collar, which made the cat purr in response.

"This is crazy! Xisuma, do something!" Iskall chimed in, though the rabbit tilted his head. He didn't know what Iskall wanted him to do, which made Scar laugh.

"Xisuma isn't going to do anything unless I tell him to. All he has to do is be a good little bunny, while Cub and I run the server in his place." Scar said while cooing his pet, stroking the admin's ears.

Iskall looked into Mumbo's emerald eyes, pleading as he spoke. "Mumbo, please, we're friends. You can't seriously be going along with this!"

"Mreow..?" He purred, Scar giggled while he pet the cat's head.

"See? Cub and I have trained them completely! They don't recognize anyone other than us!"

"What's the point of this, Scar?" Grian snapped, while the vex's eyes turned cold and ruthless as he glared at the builder with a grin of insanity spreading across his face.

"It's fun!" He giggled, "having these pets, their mindless obedience, the testing and training, it's all so entertaining! Plus, I find that Mumbo and Xisuma are quite beautiful in this new form!"

"Whatever! Come on, Mumbo, let's go fix you!" Grian snapped while grabbing the cat's wrist, which caused Mumbo to let out a loud hiss as he pulled away, clinging to Scar's side.

Iskall placed a hand on Grian's shoulder as he noticed the rage in the builder's eyes. "It's no use, we should go. We'll find a way to get Mumbo back soon, okay?"

Grian ignored the Swede's desperate attempt to try and escape the situation, charging at Scar, about to draw his sword, before he was tackled to the ground.

Scar grinned as Xisuma pounced on the British hermit, pinning Grian to the ground. Despite being small, the admin seemed to have some kind of increased strength. Probably Cub's doing.

"You know," Scar began, placing down his shulker box filled with valuables, pulling out a syringe filled with an orange liquid. "Cub gave me this in case I ran into trouble. I'm glad he did, now I can turn you into a pet, just like Mumbo and Xisuma!"

Iskall was frozen in place, watching in horror as the Vex shoved a needle into Grian's neck, the builder shrieking in pain.

His scream quickly shifted into a more animalistic howl as a pair of red, furry ears sprouted from his hair. Iskall stepped back, horrified as Xisuma backed away from Grian, allowing for his animal transformation to take full effect.

A fluffy tail ripped out of his pants, his teeth sharpening, the hybrid letting out a few yips as the look in his eyes turned dark and vacant. You could see the last remaining bits of Grian's human nature slip away as his animal instincts took hold of his mind.

Scar giggled as he scratched behind one of Grian's new fox ears, which caused for the hybrid to yip happily, his tail wagging. He barely even fought with the potion or the transformation that he had just gone through.

Scar looked up from the hybrid to study Iskall, who was now gone, flying off in fear of being turned into a mindless animal. That caused Grian to let out a whine, only to be silenced as the vex continued to pet his head.

"Aw, it's okay. We'll get them soon enough." He cooed, glancing up at the sky as a smile grew across his face.

"But for now, we have more important matters to attend to."