A shot in the dark

Pairing: Zemo X Reader

Summary: zemo,Y/n,Sam, and Bucky need to escape from Madripoor

Warning: Shooting, Blood, Protective Zemo{i'm not sure thats a warning though}, Self doubt, Ex HYDRA, language, TFATSW slight spoliers I went off plot for this

I did research people in sacovia spoke German and russian sometimes a combination.

Madripoor was a vile city to Y/n it looked at lot like Las Vegas. Currently Y/n was looking out the window while Zemo negoated with Selby, while Sam pretended to be someone named Smiling tiger and bucky acted like the winter soldier. Y/n was there having to pretend to be Zemo's 'pet' which no one was very thrilled about. Y/n looked aover at Zemo and he motioned for Y/n to come over to him,

"Komm her liebling," (English: Come here darling) Y/n sat beside him she didn't know much of Sacovian language but she knew enought to hod a simple conversation. he put his arm arounf her and whispered "apologies" to her. She had to look smitten with him this wasn't the first time she had to pretend to be involved wth him she had to under cover when she worked for HYDRA but right now she was doing a pretty good job she had managed to fool Bucky and Sam. Things were going well until Sarah called. Y/n moved a bit closer to Zemo when sam was told to put the call on speaker phone. Y/n whispered to Zemo,

"Das wird nicht gut enden," (English: It won't end well) she grabbed Zemo's arm Y/n looked at Zemo then heard a shot and saw Selby on the floor a bullet through her head. Zemo grabbed Y/n pulling them out of the room.

"Follow me," He grabbed your hand pulling you with him somehow he was still keeping up the act. Bucky and sam werent far behind they got out of the bar and started running right before bullets started flying at them, "Damn it." he shouted as sam more of jogged had the situation been diffrent Y/n would have laughed at how rediculous sam looked.

"I can't run in these heels!" sam shouted to bucky who was running infront of them.

"Try being me!" Y/n yelled she was half tempted to take the shoes off and run. through the streets barefoot, "At lest your hells don't slip through a freaking vent!"

"Baron I suggest you shut up and keep yourself from getting shot!" zemo ran off to a side street and Y/n followed him, "If sam hadn't gotten that damn call!"

"I'm aware, liebling," he said and stopped since no one was shooting anymore, "I think we're safe dor the moment-" he looked down and notice her shoes gone, "When did you do that?"

"A while back Baron," she said then saw something move in the shadows and the shine of light refelcting on a gun pointed at zemo, "Zemo move!" She shoved him out of the way and the bullet hit Y/n and she fell on the ground, "Fuck!"

"Y/N!!" Zemo shouted and shot his gun in the direction the bullet came from before going to Y/n, "Your boys are gonna kill me. Where did you get hit?" She had her hand on her thigh, "I think it's safe to assume you can't walk." he ripped part of his shirt and wrapped it around Y/n's wound befor carfully picking her up bridal style. He carried her being causous of who was around to find Sam and Bucky. when he finally found them they checked to make sure you weren't in any life or death danger. Sharon walked towards them. Zemo noticed you were slipping in and out of consciousness, "Apologies for the interupption but we need to get Y/n somewhere where her wound can be tended to."

They arrived at sharons house and sharon opened the door to a room with a first aid kit. Zemo took her in the room and covered her with a blanket only leaving the area he needed to work on visible. He was getting the bullet out and the pain from it woke Y/n up she tried to sit up but Zemo gently pushed her down.

"I need you to stay down and stay still, schatz," Zemo pulled the bullet out of the wound and began cleaning it and holding a cloth on it until her blood started clotting, "You are a foolish girl."

"Oh god now you sound like peirce."

"Well I'm saying it for diffrent reasons. You shouldn't have shoved me out of the way. I accepted death many years ago." he said and got hit on the back of the head, "Ouch! what was that for?!"

"Bad Helmut," She sat up, "you accepted death because you want to see your wife and son again."

"How do you know about-"

"Hydra files were released remember? Everything about you, about me, and bucky everything was release. I know you were sent to help defend against ultron and it took two days to find them. I know what it's like. You met me after my fiance died."

"You still shouldn't have taken that bullet!!"

"Because I don't want you to die!"

"Why!!"

"Because Zemo I care about you I thought you'd know that from The fact that I have vsited you every day for the past eight years. Hell I vistited you on christmas and ditch a new years date with Bucky to visit you. He doesnt know I went to see you."

"You pity me. No one can understand what I did," He walked toward the door Y/n got up and grabbed his wrist as a pain shot through her leg she ignored it.

"You really don't understand do you?" She made him look at her, "I do understand. Pierce's PA in HYDRA didn't run away. Starks building didnt blow a fuse. I have been getting reveger on everyone my former fiance knew for years. I finished right before Thanos came here. it's not the same but it would put me in a cell right next to you if they knew."

"Y/n..." He turned to her and th silence made her realize the pain shooting through her body. She grabbed onto him so she wouldn't fall as the the door opened. Zemo picked her up setting her back on the bedto take fix the wound fully. He held a cloth against the wound again as Walker came in the room.

"Well two criminals in one room. Must be my lucky day-...oh it's just the freak and Zemo."

"I can beat your-" she is cutt off by the pain from Zemo stiching it.

"Well you were harboring a criminal so I get to take you and zemo to that prison you Freak."

"Perhaps you should put your lack of braincells to better use somewhere else I need to help Y/n and your voice is highly annoying!" Zemo snapped at Walker. Bucky heard them arguig and pulled John out of the room. Zemo continued, "Humor me. How much of our under covers was an act"

"lets put it this way most of your apologies were unnecessary."

"That isn't an answer that makes sence," he said and tied off the wrapping on her leg. She sighed,

"for an observant man you are very dull. Maybe youll uder stand this, Ich liebe dich," (English: I love You) She kissed his cheek before going to stop Bucky and john from killing eachother. Zemo sat there in shock and confused at her action and what she had said. He didn't know if she ment it platonically or not.