The day we met

Pairing: zemo x reader

Summary: when you were taken to HYDRA you didn't expect to meet a Baron

Warning: brief mention of suicide, language

Y/n was at dinner with her lover, Baron Helmut Zemo. They were quiet just enjoying each other's company when y/n smiled at a memory that passed her mind. Zemo looked up at her,

"Maine geliebte, what are you thinking about?" He asked.

"Do you remember the day we met?"

"I remember you being stubborn." He said as she thought back to that day.

It was raining hard Y/n was drenched in water. She had run away from home not thinking about where she would go or what she would do. Her fiancé had died and she couldn't stand to stay in the house he had died in. He had loved Y/n despite her strange abilities and she would have walked through hell for him but now he was gone. The image of his dead body flashed in her mind.

"Bastard! Why did you kill yourself?! Why didn't you tell me something was wrong?! God Damnit!!" She yelled at the sky. She stopped when she heard footsteps around her the ra in n made it hard to see.

"Don't move!" Someone shouted and Y/n held her hands up in defense she couldn't see the people surrounding her only their silhouettes. One made a loud sound causing her to jump back and the rain around her to freeze. She looked down at her hands,

"What the hell?" She said and picked up one of the frozen drops.

"Miss you're coming with us," a voice said then grabbed her wrist pulling her towards a building. The voice spoke into a walkie talkie, "we found something, sir."

"The Baron will handle this he'll meet you at the door"

"Copy, sir," the man pulled Y/n rather harshly.

A baron? She though, they sound military so why would a Baron handle me?

The man shoved Y/n inside once they reached the building and she stumbled and ended up falling and scraping her hands on the rough floor, "ouch," She kept her voice down as she heard footsteps approach her.

"Sie dummköpfe sagten, sie hätten etwas gefunden, nitch, dass sie eine dame gefunden hätten!!" (English: you fools said you found something, not that you found a lady!!) A mans voice shouted that the man that threw Y/n down. The man who had shouted kneeled down to be at your level, "Meine dame, verstehst du mich?" (English: my lady, do you understand me?)

"I'm sorry?" Y/n said shivering from the cold rain she had just been taken out of.

"Apologies, I asked if you understood me. I got my answer," he held out a hand to help her up, "we need to get you into some warmer clothes." He looked at one of the people passing by, "hol ihre warme kleidung" (English: get her warm clothes), he said, "what is you name dear?"

"Y/n," she said quietly afraid he'll yell at her if she talks to loud or says the wrong thing. He saw right through her actions.

"Y/n, you dont need to speak so quietly or be afraid. I won't yell at you," he spoke quietly to her and she finally looked af him. She saw his dark brown hair parted neatly his blue eyes.

"What's your name? I heard them refer to you as The Baron," she asked as he walked her to chair.

"Just call me Zemo," he sat across from her cleaning the birt of her hands, "they have no clue how to treat a lady."

"You dont need to-" she was cutting off by him shushing her. She stayed quiet as he finished cleaning the dirt off her hands check to make sure they aren't hurt. The man zemohad shouted at brought some clothes over and set them beside Y/n.

"Gibt es much etwas, das sie brauchen, sir?" (English: is ther anything else you need, sir?) The man asked.

"No." Zemo said and the man walked off, "tell me y/n, what were you doing out there?"

"Someone I loved died so I ran away."

"Why did the insolent men bring you here?"

"Rain around me froze I guess they think I did it. I'm not sure how I could have though."

"It is best not to worry over it. You should change I will handle those fools." He said and left y/n outside of a ladies room she could change in. When she came back out she stayed there waiting for him. Soon he came down the hall drinking a glass with amber liquid in it, "the matter will be handled in the morning I'll take you to a room you can stay in for the night " he set his hand on her back as he walked her to a room that looked a lot like a hotel room with a bed and couch along with other small furniture, "I'll sleep on the couch you can use my bed."

"I dont want to cause any inconvenience for you Baron. I can sleep on the couch you dont need to give up your bed because of me it isnt a big deal."

"Zemo please. And I many not have many good traits but chivalry is one of the few I still have due to that I cannot let you sleep on the couch. It would be inconsiderate of me." He got one ot the pillows and a blanket off the bed and set up the couch so it would make a comfortableish bed. Y/n sat on the bed cautiously before laying on it, "sleep well y/n. If you need anything wake me and I will help in any way that I can."