Flesh

NOTE: I apologize for the delay! I hope you enjoy todays chapter. I hope it's not too bad because I'm not exactly sure if this is interesting enough or not. However, I plan to update more frequently. So watch out for that!

It's been a awhile since I arrived here, since I met everyone. I'm finally getting adjusted to being here. Every night I find myself jolting awake out of deep slumber. Horrible nightmares plague me, but I can't remember who the figures in my dreams are or what was happening. I see flashes of people that I don't know, their features obscured. If I try to think about it too much theres this sharp pain in my head so I believe it's best not to look into it too much.

I arrived back "home" after a week or so long trip to the outside world. It was my first solo mission and I hoped I had done my best. I had left to get some intel on some creatures that have been targeting us and our superior.

I slowly opened the main door. The creak echoed throughout the house. "Uh, anyone here?" I said while stepping into the doorway.

I glanced around but couldn't find anyone. I hummed to myself. Was I here alone? If so that would be an odd occurrence. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my self a glass of water. I hummed while turning on the sink and filling up my glass. I was soon interrupted by a voice,

"You're back." Having been startled I had dropped my glass leaving shattered pieces along the floor and a pool of water formed around my feet.

"Oh Jack, you scared me." I chuckled nervously. I bent down to pick up the shards of glass. I could feel Jacks gaze focused on me. It made me even more nervous. Was he studying me?

Having been distracted by my thoughts I accidentally cut my hand. Blood was slowly dripping down my skin. Down my hand and wrist, eventually reaching my elbow.

"Ow.." I say, but I obviously am unable to feel it.

I look up to see that Jack had disappeared. Where had he gone? I continued to pick up glass with my uninjured hand. Throwing the major pieces away I grab a towel to clean up the water. By the time I finished I heard light footsteps entering the kitchen.

"Come here." The voice called.

I walk over to Jack and he grabs my wrist looking at the gash. He wiped away the blood, his eyes fixated on it.

"It's deeper than I initially though." Jack spoke in almost a whisper, clearly talking to himself.

In a couple minutes I was all bandaged up. There was still beads of blood that he had missed.

"Um.. hey could you hand me that towel? You missed some blood." I say shifting my gaze to my feet.

I felt so careless and stupid. Jack walked back towards me, but without the towel in hand. I raised an eyebrow obviously confused. He grabs my wrist once again, taking his finger and wiping away the remaining blood. He looks down at the red substance staining his finger. With his other hand he lifts up his mask enough to see his lips. His finger slowly inching towards his mouth and eventually beginning to lick at his finger. My heart pounded in my chest at the sight of it, leaving my cheeks stained a light pink.

"I- I- Uh I gotta go!" I stammered out quickly, turning around, and fast walking up the stairs. I make my way to my room and close the door behind me. I was incredibly confused, why did he do that? The taste of blood.. the strong scent and taste of iron isn't that good. Yes, I am speaking from experience. I sat down on my bed and grabbed my phone.

Looking through my notifications I noticed a text from Ben, "Hey Tobes most of  us will be gone by the time you might get back don't worry though! We're fine just running some errands." The text read.

I quickly responded, "I actually just got back about a half an hour ago." I bit my lip wondering if I should tell him about the events that transpired earlier. I sigh, mustering up enough bravery to tell him.

"Ben.. Something strange happened. It's too much to type the whole thing because I'm lazy lmao but.. I got injured and while Jack was patching me up he licked my blood??" I laid my phone down after sending the message.

Not too many minutes later my phone beeped, he gad finally messaged me back.

"Yeah that's not too surprising sorry that happened though." My eyes widened a bit, had he done this before?

"What do you mean?" I quickly typed. His response was almost immediate.

"It's not really my place to tell.. but lets just say he has an affinity for flesh."