Confrontation

It's been days or maybe even a week since that happened between me and Jack. I haven't exactly been keeping track of time. Probably because I'm dying of boredom. There's been nothing for me to do for awhile and playing games with Ben can only be entertaining for so long. I sighed and leaned my chin into my hand. I've been sitting at my desk sighing loudly and spinning my chair for who knows how long. I slowly get up and stretch, a satisfying pop could be heard coming from most of my joints.

I decide to just wander around or maybe even go outside for a walk, I wasn't entirely sure yet. I open the door to my bedroom and am instantly face to face with the person I've been trying to avoid. Jack was there. He grabbed me by the wrist and slammed me against the wall in the hallway.

"Ow." I said hearing my head hit the wall. Of course I couldn't feel it though. It's just a habit to say it.

He was tightly pinning my right wrist to the wall while his other hand was on the wall next to my head. He was so close, if he wasn't wearing a mask I could probably feel his breath.

"Are you avoiding me? It's getting on my nerves." Jack spoke.

Realizing the situation I was in- or well the position I was in, I started to become nervous. I could feel my body become stiff beneath him.

"Well?" He dragged out the word waiting for my answer.

I cleared my throat, "What makes you think that?" I tried to hold a poker face to try to seem unfazed by the situation.

"You leave the room any time I arrive and you no longer look or even speak to me." His voice was low but calm.

Was he really bothered that I wasn't speaking to him? Or was it just one of things where people get annoyed that they're being ignored? I wasn't quite sure.

"Maybe you're right then." I replied.

His head titled slightly, he seemed to be in thought. Maybe me actually admitting it confused him.

"Could you let me go now?" I asked. Jack was broken from his thoughts from this.

"Oh, yes. I apologize." He said while letting go of my wrist.

I looked down at it to see how red it was. He latched onto my wrist so tightly I wouldn't be surprised if it would be bruised later. I stayed silent looking down at my feet. Man this was awkward.

"Are you afraid of me Toby?" Jack said looking down at me.

"A little.. but to be fair I'm a bit afraid of everyone." I replied.

"Hm. Alright." Jack said while straightening his posture.

Just as soon as he arrived he left just as fast. I was confused by what just happened. Did I really get on his nerves? Anger him even? I looked down at my wrist. Should I apologize for avoiding him? I wasn't sure whether I was in the right or wrong. If I wanted to clear things up I could have just asked him what Ben had meant, but instead I let my anxiety take over. I sighed and let my hands fall to my sides.

I walked back into my room no longer wanting to do anything. I closed the door quietly behind me and slid down the door. I laid my head in my hands. I replayed the events over in my head. For someone who appears so lifeless his hands were so warm . My face flushed from such embarrassing thoughts. 'Why are you thinking such things? You barely know him! We aren't even friends!' I argued with myself becoming frustrated. I lifted my head and looked up towards the ceiling. If anyone was here in my room with me they could probably visibly see the cog turning in my head. "That's what I'll do.. I'll become his friend." I whispered to myself.

I pulled out my phone and texted Ben, "Hey does Jack have a phone?" I asked.

He replied almost immediately, the boy practically lives on the internet. "Yeah but he barely uses it."

I pursed my lips and began to type a response, "Could you give me his number?"

I started to fidget with my hands, I was becoming a bit overwhelmed with both anxiety and excitement.

"Here you go", Ben said.

I created a contact for Jack. Now all I had to do was to muster up the courage to text him. Maybe I can apologize through messages and I'll feel more at ease to talk in person again.