Family Reunion

Confused thoughts plagued my mind. I didn't know what Ben meant by the flesh comment and I was unsure if I even wanted to know. Did I want to try to get to know him further? Would I be safe? Well, safe as I can be surrounded by killers and monsters I suppose..

I was soon interrupted by my thoughts from a loud crashing and banging sound coming from downstairs. Both concerned and curious I decided to go and see what the commotion was about. I soon found myself at the bottom of the stairs. Before me was broken furniture and Jeff holding his hand against his chest. His face was contorted in pain, while his eyes were shooting daggers from across the room. Smile was at his feet nudging his leg. He tried his best to comfort and distract Jeff, but the anger he felt was consuming him.

I looked in the other direction and saw a guy who seemed to be around my age. I've never met him before, who exactly was he? His ash brown hair was disheveled. He wore a look of annoyance and hurt. His eyes were such a radiant green, but also felt shallow in a way. There were stitches that adorned the edges of his mouth and he wore a striped scarf.

He began to open his mouth before being cut off, "I can't believe this. Why? How- how are you in front of me right now?" Jeffs gaze softened the slightest bit.

"You can't believe this?" The man scoffed. "You're the one that killed our family! Who tried to kill me!" He clenched his fist, his harsh words dripping venom.

They hadn't seemed to notice me yet so I decided to slowly walk back up the stairs and continue to eavesdrop from where they couldn't see me.

"I.. I know. Apologizing won't change the past and definitely won't make you forgive me." Jeff paused and bit his lip for a moment. "I don't blame you if you hold a grudge for the rest of your life." Jeff said quietly, barely above a whisper.

The man who he referred to as "Liu" stayed silent. They both seemed to be calming down. The atmosphere was quiet for what seemed to be forever.

Liu cleared his throat. "You've changed. I mean besides well.. all of this." He stated while sitting down on the couch.

Jeff followed suit and decided to sit down on a chair directly across from the couch.

"What happened? How did you survive I mean?" Jeff asked.

"Long story short I somehow ended up in the hospital, escaped, and encountered whatever that is.. in the woods. He brought me here." He replied nonchalantly.

"Oh you mean Slender?" Jeff said while slouching down into the chair.

"So, that's what his name is." Liu nodded.

I felt a tap on my shoulder making me jump, but I relaxed once I saw who it was. It was Jane.

"I assume you heard it too then?" Jane whispered to me.

"Yeah.. I guess they know each other?" I whispered back.

Jane looked at me for a moment. "Liu is his brother." My eyes widened a bit. "Jeff killed his family like he did mine." Janes face was painted with sadness.

I guess everyone here has gone through pain and loss. Since things were calmer now I decided to make my way down the stairs so I could get to the kitchen. I could feel my stomach eating itself.

"Hello." Was it directed at me? I turned my head to see Liu looking at me.

"Uh, hi." I say awkwardly while waving.

Jeff turns his head to look at me. "That's Toby." Jeff introduces me to him.

"Nice to meet you Toby." He said, he seemed very kind.

"I'm about to make a pizza, would you guys like some?" I asked.

"Hell yeah, Toby that's what I'm talking about!" Jeff yelled a bit too loud.

His antics made me smile a bit. I walked into the kitchen and pre-heated the oven. I decided to walk back to the living room and wait for the oven to beep.

"Hey Jeff. Your hand looks fractured or even broken." I stated.

Jeff didn't get angry or annoyed by me saying this surprisingly.

He looked down at his hand and said in a unconcerned tone, "Yeah it feels like it."

I've had my fair share of injuries so I wasn't sure if I was glad to not be able to experience the pain or not.

"Toby!" A loud voice yelled and I turned to see something flying straight towards me. The person quickly stopped and began to shake my shoulders.

"Dude you gotta see this!" Ben exclaimed in excitement. "New trailer for Breath of the Wild 2 just dropped!"

Seeing him happy like this made me happy too. I smiled down at him while he continued to ramble. He was like a little brother to me. A deep voice interrupted all of this.

"What is going on?" Jack had entered the room.

I nervously scratched the back of my head.

"Family reunion." Jeff said.

"Video game trailer!" Ben yelled from across the room.

Jack then turned to look at me. "Uh...pizza?" I said with a smile.