V

I groaned and rolled over to the side. William was crying again. I glanced at the clock standing on the shelf next to my bed. 4:37 AM. I sighed and pulled the covers off my body. I walked to Will's bedroom like a zombie. I mean, it's not my fault that he cries that much. I was walking down the stairs and tripped over something. William's toy. I hissed in pain when I landed on the floor. "Fuck." I muttered. Trying to get up was worthless. I tried to grab my phone that I put on the table earlier when I came home. Reaching it, I immediately dialed Tom's number and tapped the 'call' button.
Why are you calling? Do you know what time it is?
His voice came from the speaker. "I'm sorry Tom but Will started crying and I went down the stairs to his room and I tripped over a toy and now I can't get up. I wanted to call Lara but she isn't in town." I heard muffled voices. Taylor was with him.
Wait a few minutes. I'll take you to the hospital. Tay will take care of Will.
I didn't trust that woman with my child but there wasn't much I could do so I agreed.

Tom came really fast. He knew where I hid a key so he didn't have trouble coming into my apartment. "I'm gonna get William. Tom, you take care of her." Taylor smiled innocently. Honestly, how could she cheat on a man like Tom. He's the definition of perfection. He's a gentleman. He's kind. He's nice. He's charming. So basically perfect! Tom picked me up and carried to his car. I groaned, trying to get into a more comfortable position. My right ankle was very swollen at the moment.

Soon we arrived at the ER. Tom wasn't allowed to come. Only family members were. And since my family lived on the countryside of England, I had to go alone. "I'll wait here." Tom said before the doctor took me. The nurse came to me. "Hello Miss Smith. Would you mind telling me what happened?" I looked at her. "Uh yeah. My son started crying and woke me up. I was walking down the stairs and tripped over a toy. Then I couldn't get up, so I called my friend, Tom. He's waiting outside." She nodded. "Do you have any other family members here, besides your son?" I shook my head. "No, my family lives in the countryside." She nodded again. "Alright. Do you have someone who will take care of your son?" I sighed. "I do. My friend's girlfriend is looking after him right now. I'm sure he'll be alright." I spoke the last part quite unsure. "Okay. I will let doctor Jones look at your ankle now." I gave her a small smile and looked at the doctor. "So. You have to tell me when you feel pain." He said and turned my ankle a bit. "Ow." I winced in pain. "We will have to do an ultrasound. In the meantime, do you have someone who can fill out these documents?" He showed me a bunch of papers. "Umm yeah, my friend is sitting in the waiting room." He nodded and gave the papers to the nurse, who disappeared behind the door.

The ultrasound alone, went well. But not the results. "Miss, you obviously have a twisted ankle. But it isn't that bad. You'll be able to walk again in 3-4 weeks. But you have to rest." I nodded. "Now, I will prescribe you a cooling balm that should help with your healing." He wrote something on a piece of paper. "Alright. You may go home now. Don't put too much weight on your ankle." I nodded, and saw Tom coming into the room. "Ah Mr. Hiddleston. Right on time. You'll have to take care of Miss Smith. She has to rest for the next 3-4 weeks. And you will have to make sure she puts this balm" the doctor handed Tom the paper, "2 times a day on her ankle." Tom nodded and looked at me. "So. Shall we get you home?" I smiled. "Yeah."