XI

When I woke up this morning, I made a mental note, to tell Tom about what Taylor did. I was done with all these lies. So without any hesitation, I texted him if he can come over later.

Hey! Could you possibly come over later? I really need to talk to you.

Yeah sure! I'll be at yours in 20.

I sighed and flopped down on the couch thinking how I should tell him. It would probably be the easiest to just tell him the truth straight on. Yeah I'll do that. And soon after my internal conflict, I heard Tom knocking at my door.

"Hey! Thanks for coming. I really need to talk to you." I emphasized 'really'. "Are you alright? You seem very...anxious." I ran a hand through my hair as we walked to the living room. "Yes. I just gotta get this off my chest." I gestured him to sit down. "You probably won't believe me what I'm about to tell you, but I'm done with all these lies. Alright." I took a deep breath. "Taylor is cheating on you. With Calvin." It was like a huge weight fell off my shoulders. "What..?" Tom whispered. "Why would she do that?" He looked at me with insurance. "Do you remember when we went to see Awake? And then they both came too? Well, Calvin said he'll bring Taylor home. But when I went to that toilet, I saw them. She sat on the counter of the sink with him between her legs. They were making out. Taylor isn't on any tour. She's with Calvin." Tom's eyes filled with disbelief. "How do I know you're telling me the truth?" I could hear a hint of madness in his voice. "What would it bring me if I lied?" I tried to swallow the lump in my throat but I was unsuccessful. "Maybe because you're in love with me and you wanted me for yourself?"

"I have to confess, I am in love with you. But I already was before we met. I think you forget how long I was your fan. And the fact that we're friends now, doesn't change that I still see you as my biggest idol!" I thought it'd be hard to tell him. But at this point words were automatically leaving my mouth. "And as a fan, of course I want the best for you. I want you to have a healthy relationship. Don't you get it Tom? I care for you!" His gaze softened. "Why?"

"Because I love you!"

"Well then stop loving me!"

And with that, he left my apartament.