VI

A few weeks went by since I injured my ankle. Taylor took good care of William, that was a thing that send a huge wave of relief on me. Lara came back from her trip and was currently at my house. "So you're telling me you cheated on Zach? What came into you?" I tried not to lose my temper. "I was drunk, play? Besides, that guy was quite handsome." I sighed. "Zach was so nice, loyal and loving, and you just cheated on him? Do you even remember that guy's name?" She scrunched her nose, thinking. "Brian. And his last name was something with V..." I put my hand on my mouth. "Vells? Was it Vells?" She nodded. "Yeah it was. Is there a problem?" I swallowed. "There certainly is. Brian Vells, is William's father. My ex boyfriend. The one who left me after finding out I was pregnant. You, as my best friend, should know that." I saw drops of sweat on Lara's forehead. "Look Alice, we were both drunk. It meant nothing." I stood up from the couch. "Well it means something to me! You were my best friend! I trusted you! Get out of my house!" She stood in my apartment as if nothing happened. "I said get out!" She just chuckled and left without saying nothing.
---
"...and then she just left." I was currently at Tom's house, crying my eyes out and telling him what happened between me and Lara. "Tom...what if Brian wants to take William from me? I mean he left me because he didn't want to be a father at an early age. But still." Tom sighed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Listen Alice. No matter what happens, it's gonna be alright. I promise." I gave him a sad smile and looked at my lap. "Thank you." I looked back up, into his baby blue eyes. I really don't know what came into me, but I put a hand on his cheek and pulled his face closer to mine, until our lips were almost touching. Then I closed the gap between us. Our lips moved in sync, and Tom even kissed me back. But then he broke the kiss. "I'm so sorry Tom-" I put a hand over my mouth. "I think it's the best if you go now." He said. I could hear coldness in his voice. I just nodded and kept my head down trying to hold the tears that were threatening to fall. Stepping into the cool April evening air, I deeply exhaled and let the tears fall.