Part 1: Escape

*CHAPTER ONE*
GREGOR
I awake with a start and sweat creasing my forehead. Will those terrible dreams about falling ever stop?
I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth because I have a bad taste in my mouth again. In the kitchen mom is cooking pancakes, like she usually does on Sundays.
I walk down the stairs and barely aviod tripping on the last step. "Ugh!", I choke stumbling into the kitchen.
"Hi, you! " Squeals Boots, opening up her chubby arms and hopping out of her high-chair to hug my knees and smother them with sticky syrup that was smeared all over her face and hands.
"Ew, Boots, your getting syrup all over my legs!" I say, putting her back in her high-chair. She giggles.
"Good morning, Gregor." Says mom. " Hey", I say, sitting in the chair across from Lizzie. She looks depressed as usual. She hasn't been coping well since we left the Underland- I haven't either- l think back to all of my failing etemps to make my mom understand that without the Underland, I no longer have a reason to live. Because from the day l fell through that grate in the laundry room, the Underland became a part of my life. And without it, lm nothing.
I eat two pancakes, and then go back to my room and sit on the bed with my knees tucked up to my chest. I should be out and about, having fun right now since it's summer break , but I just don't feel like it. I don't belong here right now, in fact, I'm not really even here. Because when I left the Underland, I left my soul and spirit behind.
So I just sit there. Like I been doing ever since we moved down to our new house in Virginia. It has sort of become my life goal, to sit and do nothing. Its not like I could ever be happy again, anyway.
I sit there until I hear a light knock on the door. Lizzie's head pokes from behind the door. And she slips into my room and closes it behind her.
"Gregor...," She began. But she cant seem to continue, and she throws - up all over the floor.
"Lizzie, are you okay?" I ask throwing away the paper towel that I cleaned up Lizzie's puke with. She nods but she's still shaking pretty hard."yeah-im-okay" she barely gets out.
"It's alright, Gregor, I'll take it from here." Says dad picking Lizzie up. I watch as he carries her out of the door.
"Um , Gregor...why dont you take Boots...to the farm?"ask mom, walking in to the room. She is allways looking for things for me to do because she thinks it's unhealthy to sit around my room all day and do nothing.
"Yay!, we go to farm Gregor!" Squeals Boots.
"Yeah" I say without interest. I dont really like the farm because its so hot, and there's really nothing to do except stare at crops-our farm doesn't have animals yet. But Boots seems to really like the farm for whatever reason, and can't wait until we get some animals.
So Boots and I walk to our family farm, witch is not that far away from the house, we just have to walk past really big pastures.
"Look, Gregor! The plants growed more!" Says Boots running straight to the crops." Boots! Don't step on them!" I call, starting to run after her. I catch her just in time before she squashes a tomato plant." Boots, you can't step on the plants. Okay? Or they'll stop growing." I said.
I set her down gently on the ground. "Look, Gregor, they growed more!" She exclaims. "They sure did." I agree. I sit on the grass next to the prepared ground for the farm." When we get animals, we can put them here!"
Says Boots, pointing at a spot on the ground.
"What kinds of farm animals do you want?" I ask." All of them!"she says with enthusiasm. "Well some of them have to go inside a shed." I explain. " What's a shed?"she ask. I sigh.
So, im in the middle of explaining what a shed is, when something catches my eye. A truck. The kind that they transport products with. And suddenly, a brilliant plan strikes my head - I've got to get out of here.