Chapter 2: Luxa

"Luxa," says a rough voice from outside my door. "Luxa...are you going to eat, or what? I don't think starving yourself is going to help anything."
         "Leave me alone, Ripred!" I say harshly.
          Ever since Solovet died and Vikus had a stroke, Ripred has been left to watch over me. Witch I really hate, because I am old enough to take  care of myself. Plus, I am queen. Does not that count for something? But unfortunately, this does not really matter. I know that peaple do not trust me, but how could they trust Ripred more?
          "Whatever, let yourself starve to death. What is that going to gain you?" I watch Ripred's feet walk away from the crack at the bottom of the door. When I relize, I am a bit starved.
           I wait a few seconds and then hop out of my bed and sneak out of the room. Just in time to see Ripred's tail turning the corner.
          "Better hurry up!" He calls. "The food is probably already cold" I sigh. This is one of the most brutal thing s about Ripred being the person who watches over me. It is like he has got eyes on the back of his head! Nothing can sneak past the invincible Ripred. And sneaking is my thing. No wonder they put Ripred up for the job. After all, he is a rat. He can probably smell me.        *
       Ripred is not really up for the job either. "I have better things to be doing right now" He says time after time.
       When I turn the corner, Ripred is chatting with Howard. They exchange light coment, and then Ripred turns to me." Meet me at the field after your done eating." He says stiffly. "Why?" I ask stubbornly. "Because I said so" And with that, he marches off.
          Sometimes... I want to hurt him.                                  
       I walk down to the royal dining area, were food awaits. Hazard is already there. "Hi, luxa!" He says, but I do not feel like talking. I eat my food quickly and head straight to my room-forget Ripred.
      "Are you not sopposed to be at the field at this moment?" Ask Howard accusingly (who is still standing in the hallway) "Oh, yes, I forgot!" I say innocently, and turn back around, only to find another way to my room without crossing paths with Howard again.
        When I get there, i am suprised to find Ripred standing directly in front of my door." You do know Luxa,  that you are very predictable"  He states casually.
         I sigh and let Ripred lead me down to the field. When we pass Howard, he looks at me seeming not even suprised. I shrug. Why is he just standing in the hallway , anyway? Does not he have patients to attend to?
         "So, why are we going to the field?" I ask. He does
not reply.
       "Ugh! ", I exclaim in frustration. "Do you not know that when I talk to you, you are sopposed to answer me?"
       "Do you not know that  I am about to hurt you if you do not shut up?"
        "Ergh!" I stomp my foot, spin on my heel, and stalk away in the other direction.
         "Ugh! Get back here! I did not sign up for this!" He calls. In a flash Ripred is behind me, dragging me towards the field.
           "Ugh! No! Let me go!"I scream.
             "Now listen, we can do this the hard way, or the easy way. But its not going to look good for our bond, if I seriously mess you up right now." He says casually.
             I kick Ripred in the gut, and do a back flip out of his grip. Then, I take off running for the palace. Regalians stair at me like im crazy,but say nothing. I. DO. NOT. CARE.
           I run past Howard, who is still standing in the hallway, for reasons I do not know.
         I am laughing wickedly when, all of the sudden, I am swiped off my feet and slammed to the ground-suprisingly by Howard. Thats when I relize Ripred did not even care to pursue me. No wonder people were staring at me like I was crazy.
        I AM crazy!

Gregor The Overlander : Returningजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें