Chapter 4: Luxa

"Luxa, are you okay? "Ask Howard concerned.

"Yes, I was okay untill you nearly knocked the life out of me!" I exclaim.

Howard roles his eyes."I was talking about the fact that you were running down the hallways of the palace screaming and laughing like a crazed maniac."

"The girl's got problems." Says Ripred simply walking up behind us.

I ignore Ripred, and continue talking to Howard. "Why did you try to kill me, anyway? " I probe.

He gives a laugh. " I didn't try to kill you! I was afraid you were going to kill yourself!"

"You had it coming." Interjects Ripred.

" Would you SHUT UP RIPRED!" I snap.

"You see, she's never been the same since Gre-" Ripred cuts himself off. But the damage is done. You did not have to be a genius to finsh Ripred's sentence. "You see, she's never been the same since Gregor left."

I sink my head down into Howards lap as my face crumples up like paper. I promised myself I would not cry, but ive been trying to forget and- RIPRED ALLWAYS RUINS EVERYTHING!

"Yeah..."I still need you to come to the arena. " Says Ripred without any sympathy.

"WHY!? FOR WHAT!?" I scream.

"Whoa! You make it so hard! You act like im going to KILL you!" He exclaims.

"HOW DO I KNOW YOU WILL NOT!? YOU SURE DO ACT LIKE YOU WILL!!"

"Wow, well this is awkward" Says Howard. "JUST SHUT UP RIPRED!" I scream. "I didn't say any-!" Begins Ripred. "JUST SHUT UP! I AM OUT OF HERE!!"

I spin around-thats when I relize a crowd had gathered around us to watch the queen of Regalia and the representative of the gnawers -who are sopposed to be bonded for the sake of peace and their species- fight. A really big crowd- a crowd made up of both humans and gnawers ... I stare at shocked faces.

I turn bright red and turn back around to see Ripred's reaction. He gives me a deadly smile that says:" Seeeeeeee, doesn't everything work out better when you just LISTEN TO ME AND DO WHAT YOUR TOLD!?"

I swallow hard. The last thing you want if your trying to achieve peace, is for both your species, and the enemies species-that you just made peace with-to watch both the representatives of their species fight.

THIS IS NOT GOOD!