Chapter 3: Gregor

"Okay, Boots lets go back inside now." I say picking her up and swinging her on my hip. She looks disappointed."Sorry, but I was getting kinda tired." I said.

"Well, that was quick." Says mom as we walk back inside. "Yeah, it ws really hot out there." It was a lame excuse. "Gregor got tired." Said Boots. I nodded in agreement.

"Yes, you really should get some sleep." Says mom looking at the dark circles under my eyes with disaproval.

I qiuckly run up the stairs to my room. If im gonna do this, than i need to do it quickly.

"What's your plan? " I heard Ripred's voice in my head. " What's your plan? "

"First I need to figure out when and how im going to get there. By truck? No. How am I supposed to know where its going? Think Gregor! Well how did we get here? By plane. Well thats definitely out of the question
I know! I could take a trai- okay, nevermind. " Sometimes I forget im not in New York. It would be pretty easy if I was.

A bus. I can take a bus. So simple. Why didn't I think of that earlier?

Okay, okay. So I need to get my stuff together.

I need to get to that place were all the cumunity buses meet up so then I can take one to New York. I know were it is because I allways take Boots to the park through the bus since theere isn't a park close to my house.

The walk isn't that long and I get there in about thirty minutes. I dont pass anybody on the street exept for a old man with a cigarette wearing a farmers outfit. I avoid eye contact because, if my family were to ask him if he's seen me when they come looking for me, and he has, he can point them in the right direction.

All the sudden, I stop walking and think. Why am I running away to the Underland, if my family is just going to come find me and drag me back up here?

I don't know but my plan is already set.