2.2

Ellie woke up slowly, the sun hitting her face in small fragments. The clock read 5:18 a.m.. Her hair was stuck to her face and her ear was folded inwards. She lifted her head off of the pillow, slowly realizing it was not pillow, but a shoulder.
What the fuck?
       Her consciousness came back fully, and she frantically tried to wake the boy up.
       "Nick... NICK! Wake up! Everyone's going to breakfast in... now. It's breakfast time!" She shook his shoulder and he woke up with a gasp.
       "...what?" He questioned groggily.
       "We fell asleep in Science and Nature, now everyone is in the mess hall probably looking for us." The girl ushered.
       "Okay, okay. Calm down, Ellie."
"My brother is going to kill me, he's going to tell my dad then my dad will kill me again," she panicked, Nick sat upwards rubbing his eyes.
"Listen. We go to our cabins, get ready, I'll leave at exactly 8:22, you leave ten minutes after me. They'll never know we were together. I'll say I just overslept and have no idea where you are." He calculated, and Ellie took it all in.
"Okay, got it."

-

The boy approached the mess hall in a sprint, his hair flopping around. Everyone was looking at him, and a certain older brother was the first to say something.
"Where's my sister, Goode?" He spoke firmly, and it rattled Nick's bones.
Kurt walked up before Nick could answer Tommy's question, "where were you and little Slater? Where is she now? You're both late, that's one strike."
"Okay, first of all, I don't know where Ellie is, second of all, I slept in."
"Listen to me well, Goode. If I see so much as a scratch on her body, you're dead." Tommy warned.
"Morning, boys. What's going on?" A chirpy, high-pitched voice called from the entrance of the mess hall.
"Estella, where have you been?" Tommy questioned.
"In my cabin. Please, I'm only like, fifteen minutes late."
She sat down next to Ziggy, without a tray of breakfast, and shot Tommy a smile, assuring him that it was just a coincidence.
"I told all of the other campers in the cabin to lie for you," she stated.
"Thanks, Zig."
"But I'll take it right back if you don't tell me where you were last night," she smirked.
"I went out for a walk and ended up falling asleep in Science and Nature."
"I'm just supposed to believe that it was a coincidence that Nick slept in, too?"
"..yeah."
"Bullshit."
"He just happened to be there."
Ziggy looked at the girl, eyes wide, "yesterday you said you would rather date his sister rather than him. Today you slept with him?"
"Ziggy! I did not sleep with him! I fell asleep next to him," Ellie whispered, trying to calm her friend down.
"You lied to everyone, even your own brother. Damn, Ellie, you're joining the dark side."
"Ziggy, don't tell a soul," Ellie warned.
"I won't, I swear."
Ellie let out a sigh as she leaned on her elbows, "what are you doing today?"
"Well, I was going to do arts and crafts, until I learned my sister and Gary were on that duty. I'll just go to the lake with you guys," Ziggy's statement made Ellie lift her head up.
"'You guys'? Since when are you and Nick on good terms?"
"Well he's seeing my best friend, I just-"
"Ziggy, we are not seeing each other."
"Then why'd you lie?"
"I didn't want people to think we were!"
"Well, lying about physically seeing each other makes it seem like you're actually seeing each other," the redhead shrugged.
"We're not. I don't like Nick Goode," she was serious.
"Okay, I believe you... what kind of flowers do you want at the reception?" Ziggy joked.
"Christine Berman, I swear to god-" Ellie was cut off by someone approaching their table.
"Hey.." Nick started, "I, uh, saw you didn't take any breakfast. I got you a yogurt."
"How cute," Ziggy whispered to Ellie, Nick caught on.
"You told her?" Ellie scooted down a seat so Nick could sit next to her.
"No, she found out. She's in my cabin," Ellie answered.
"I totally support you guys-"
"Ziggy."
"Right, sorry."