3.2

Solomon searched in the crowd for Ivy and Agnes, becoming sickly anxious when they weren't found. He made his way around to the side of the Meeting House, ramming his body up against the door in attempt to get it open.
George and another townsman, James, joined Solomon. James spoke, "my wife, she's stuck in there with my daughter."
Solomon thought for a moment, looking at James, then pushed into the door one last time. The door flew open, breaking the boards nailed on the inside. Before George and James could follow behind Solomon, he commanded, "keep everyone back."
He grabbed a pitch-fork and turned inside of the building. People were still calling for their loved ones.
His walk was slow, he carefully made his way further. Pastor Miller stood on the podium, Solomon saw in his hand, a rusty crowbar. He was mumbling something inaudible, his back was hunched over and his face couldn't be seen.
Solomon looked around at the pews, children sat, their bodies limp. He didn't spot Ivy or Agnes.
Walking further into the building, he spotted a lump of flesh on the floor. Flying bugs were buzzing around the mess. Solomon bent down, ground level now, observing the lump. Eyeballs and flesh, covered in blood. He looked around, the children's faces were empty.
Cyrus' banging with the crowbar became louder and faster, the man slowly looked up at Solomon. Except, he too, had no eyes.
The door crashed open, and the townspeople flooded in.
There was something wrong; where had been Ivy? Agnes? James' wife and daughter?
"Our children!"
James put a hand on Solomons shoulder and cried, "where's my family?"
Solomon stood, his mouth agape and eyes wide, still trying to understand what had happened.
Banging came from the closet, next to the pastor. Everyone went silent, Solomon rushed over.
The was a chain, one usually used for the horses, tied around the handles.
James ran out of the house, quickly coming back with an axe in his hand. Solomon grabbed the axe, making a great swing at the lock.
It opened, and two people came stumbling out. Elizabeth and Margaret Squire, James' family.
James dropped to his knees, embracing them in a hug. They were crying, but they were alive.
Elizebeth, the mother and wife, stopped suddenly, yelling, "Ivy! Ivy and Agnes!"
"Where?" Solomon roared, "where are they?"
He felt his heart beating faster, questions running through his mind.
"The attic! He locked them in the attic!"
Not wasting any time, George and Solomon raced over to left corner of the building, where the entrance to the attic was placed.
What was he going to find in there?
The town stood silent, holding their children in their arms, crying. They watched as the men tried to break the lock that was holding the entrance shut.
The lock broke with a loud snap, the chains fell to the floor around them. They quickly unfolded the wooden ladder, Solomon being the first to climb up, but George following close behind.
Ivy and Agnes were beloved in the town. Agnes was a sweet young girl who picked flowers and gave them to those who looked like they needed them. Ivy was constantly looking after the younger ones, and baked and cooked for those who couldn't do it themselves.
Solomon was now standing in the attic, but no sign of Ivy or Agnes were there.
A blood trail littered the floor, it had caught his eye blindly, he followed. It led to a door, it was boarded up, nails securing it to the doorframe.
They held no more weapons, so Solomon took it upon himself, prying the boards off with his bare hands.
The door opened, and Solomon carefully crept inside.
A woman sat, curled up at the wall. Her dress was white, splattered with blood on every inch of fabric.
He walked closer, and woman began to cry, "no.. no! Please, let us live, Cyrus!"
Solomon knew that voice, his steps got quicker, hurriedly making his way to the other side of the room.
"Ivy!" He breathed out, taking the woman in his arms. She rolled over, and he got a good glance of her face. It was covered in dirt and blood, tear streaks leaving cleaner marks.
"Solomon!" She cried, and another body was found. Agnes perked up, her eyes red and her face was tear streaked.
The young girl found her way into the mans arms, joining Ivy and him for a savory hug.
"Who's blood is that?" Solomon asked, and Ivy looked down at her ruined dress.
She let out a sob, "the children. Oh, gods, the children."
She was shaking and trembling in his arms, for she had seen it all.

-