5.2

TW: death

The older gentleman put on his long black cloak, covering his entire body and slipped out of the house quietly.
While walking through the town, a plan formed in his head.
He would find the Widow's abandoned cabin.
He would find something, anything, to reign power over Solomon, over Union.
No matter how much it would cost, Agnes would be his. She was his granddaughter. Ivy's wishes no longer mattered, Ivy was dead.
     So, he continued to walk. Into the woods, past the large, green trees, and right into the old abandoned house.
      He made no sound, his steps were careful and quiet.
The entire cabin was in ruins, it had been since The Widow died. She was found on the floor in of this very place, her throat split open.
He let out a shaky breath, stepping over the blood stained flooring.
The walls were lined with shelves and sheets. Almost every inch of wall was covered in weird jars and sculptures.
A faint, "hello?" Was heard from not far away.
Charlie's face was smeared with confusion, he called out, "teacher Mary?"
Her figure slowly made it's way from behind the corner, "ah, Townsman Slater."
Mary's faced was lifted with amusement, she knew what he wanted, "what bring you here?" She asked anyways.
"I'd like to know why you're here, first."
"I've taken over most of Widow's things, after her passing. Your turn."
"I'm here to... I'm just taking a stroll. I didn't think anyone ever came by here anymore."
"Incorrect."
"Excuse me?"
"You're here to find something to help you, Charlie. Admit it, you're here to find something to keep my brother from keeping and raising your granddaughter," Mary assumed.
"I don't know what you're talking about," Charlie's face heated, and his palms began to sweat.
"I can help you, Charlie. But you need to help me, too."
"Mary-"
"Are you willing to help me? For your granddaughter?"
"Yes."

-

"Ah, Solomon. Welcome," James greeted as Solomon and Agnes walked into the newer version of the townhouse.
"It looks amazing, honestly, James. You and your crew have outdone yourselves. You should be proud," Solomon nodded, looking around.
        Thomas stumbled forwards, as drunk as ever, putting a hand on Solomon's shoulder. The room went silent as they watched the interaction.
        "It's nice to see you out," he smiled, "the town has missed you."
        A frown casted upon Solomon's face, "get your hands off of me, Thomas."
Thomas' smile fell, as well as his hands, and he stepped back, "right, my apologies."
        The room was still silent, and eyes were still on the pair, waiting for Solomon's response. Solomon stayed quiet and simply walked past Thomas.
        "Seems as though my sister has still got you wrapped around her finger, Solomon."
        Solomon stopped suddenly, letting go of Agnes' hand and walking up to Thomas.
        "Watch your mouth, Slater," Solomon sneered, giving a daring look towards the man.
        "It's been a year now. Honestly, when are you going to let it go?"
        Solomon's rage grew stronger with each word, he grabbed ahold of the very brim of Thomas' shirt, "you have once more to-"
A shriek was heard from outside of the towns house, followed with banging. Solomon stopped again, still holding Thomas' shirt.
"John!" Came a yell, echoing through the town house. This one came from far away, and left chills down the townsfolk's bodies. Solomon let go of Thomas, picking up Agnes and rushing out of the building.
Outside, a group of people formed quickly around Ivy's old house, where the Cambelle's now lived. A rush of deja vu hit him.
        "Stay back," he ordered Agnes, setting her down in the grass far enough away from the mess.
        Mary was the first person Solomon met eyes with, he rushed over to her, "what is going on?"
        Mary opened her mouth to answer, but a sudden boom cut her off. It was a shot, fired from a musket, Solomon recognized the sound.
       Screams and shouts filled around him, and he took no second to begin to bang on the door with the other townsfolk.
       "John!" They yelled, throwing their entire bodies into the door.
       Two more shots were fired, and it was heard from across the town. Charlie and Coraline Slater ran out of their house, meeting with the chaos.
       Solomon saw, from the corner of his eye, Coraline grab Agnes and shield her eyes and ears.
       Another shot was fired, and all of the screeching stopped. The door broke open, leaving dust and dirt flying in the air.
      "John!" Caleb called out. There he was, the friendly new face in Union, standing in the hallway, bearing a musket.
He aimed the musket to the door, where the entire town stood. Charlie lunged inwards, towards the man, tackling him to the ground. Another shot was fired, this time into the wall. Charlie pulled something shiny out of his pocket, stabbing John in the neck several times.
Once John was finally limp, Solomon walked into the house, following behind Charlie.
"Keep everyone back," he ordered Caleb, turning back into the house.
Four bodies were found, not including John.
Joseph and Frank Cambelle.
Seraphina Cambelle.
Margaret Squire.
Blown to pieces.