10 years later

hyunjin is currently working at an animal rescue center. "not in section 1 to section 6" he said on the walkie talkie.

"not in section 7 either" a guy reported.

hyunjin pointed to a corner of the park and said "go check over there"

"alright" his co-worker respond and quickly ran to the part where hyunjin had pointed.

"where did it appear yesterday?" a female co-worker asked him through the walkie talkie.

"from section 4 to section 5"

"i see!"

hyunjin and his co-workers running still trying to find the stray dog.

-time skip-

hyunjin and his co-workers finally went back to the office after a long run.

"oh! I think only hwang hyunjin could do that" a guy groaned that goes by the name jeongguk. "to be honest-" jeongguk gave hyunjin a thumbs up "you were so cool"

"If hyunjin keeps doing that, he'll fucking lose his life" a girl said, named yoohyeon. hyunjin grinned, remembering what happened earlier.

-few hours ago-

jeongguk and yoohyeon were standing on the sidewalk, very worried, seeing hyunjin suddenly ran to middle of the road to recue the dog not seeing a car drove by.

"hyunjin!"

hyunjin kneeled down and quickly grabbed the dog into his arms. lucky for him the car stopped.

yoohyeon who opened her eyes and was relieved that hyunjin was safe while jeongguk, jaw dropped, still shocked and surprised what just happened.

-flashbacks end-

"hyunjin, do you know that I freaked out?" yoohyeon asked, still disappointed that hyunjin did such thing.

"could you tell us before you go do things like that" jeongguk requested.

hyunjin scoffed then smiled "even if I did, it would be too late"

"my heart is still thumping though..."
"I know right..."

hyunjin noticed a box next to him. a cake box to be specific.

didn't see you so i left this cake for you.
-from minho

hyunjin smiled and decided to call minho,
thanking him.

calling lee minho
ring...
___________________________________

"thank you hyung for
thinking of me every year"

"you're welcome jin,
birthday are only once a year"

"it's no big deal though,
but your cake tastes great as always"

"by the way, are your parents in good health?"

"eung, they're even
healthier than me"