"yah hwang hyunjin blow out the candles, quick!" hyunjin and his friends are at stay snack bar, celebrating hyunjin birthday.

"wait! make a wish before blowing it out" changbin said while his arm blocking the candles.

hyunjin just laughed and clasped his hands together, making a wish. he closed his eyes and make a quick wish then opened them back while giggling, then blew out the candles.

"happy birthday!"
"thank you" hyunjin smiled.

"cheers!"

"you were off work early" chan said.
"yeah, i haven't done this in awhile" hyunjin groaned.

"how many animals did you save today" chan asked.
"two" hyunjin sighed.

"why are animals deserted everyday, every time i hear it, i'm disillusioned with humanity" felix said in annoyed tone while eating his dessert.

"yeah, they shouldn't have kept a pet without confidence" changbin sighed, agreeing with felix.
"where did you work today?" he asked hyunjin, while poking his dessert.

"today? at seo min high" hyunjin mumbled while twirling and staring his glass of beer.
everyone frozed and stayed silent after hearing their old high school name.

"it was a small one but it runs very fast. it picked up food from out of nowhere. it's black all over" hyunjin said.

the atmosphere became very cold and it was an awkward silence.

"um, i'm sorry? i shouldn't have said it" hyunjin apologize and looked down in guilty for ruining the fun atmosphere.

"why are you saying sorry?" chan reassure hyunjin.

"yeah, you didn't smile on every birthday in the past ten years. you're the saddest" felix scolded.

changbin put down his cup, banging the table in process, "so far, i still can't believe that"
hyunjin looked at him in a very disappointed facial expression.

"yeah, why did he do that? why did he?" changbin asked in disbelief while everyone stared at him.

"he didn't always lose control of his emotions"
chan said.

"maybe it was just too late to" changbin argued but got hitted in shoulder by felix in returned. "don't talk nonsense!" felix glared at him.

"i just feel bad! i'm not the only one that is confused though! right? why did he kill himself? why on earth did he?" changbin asked, looking at everyone.

"it was my fault, it was because of me" hyunjin said sadly with teary eyes. chan and changbin turned to looked at him in concerned while felix sighed in disappointed that hyunjin blamed himself again.

"i'll leave you guys alone, thank you for today" hyunjin smiled, it was not a real smile. but his friends know him too well, knowing which smile of his real or fake. he got up and quickly grabbed his stuff and rushed out the snack bar.

"yah hwang hyunjin" changbin called him out. chan grabbed his umbrella and followed hyunjin.

"hyunjin-ah" chan called. he turned around and looked at chan. "i'm, i'm fine..." hyunjin said while smiling to show chan that he is fine.

chan just sighed and nodded while giving hyunjin a small smile. he handed his umbrella to hyunjin and said, "take the umbrella. don't get wet"

hyunjin took it and looked at it for a few seconds, "thank you"
___________________________________

it was raining hard, cars driving, people running under a shelter to not get wet. seoul city lights looking very pretty under the mask of the dirty water, that the universe called rain.