Music

Marcus lay on a bed and I stayed close to him. I began to stand up but he quickly grabbed my hand and whispered "don't leave" and I smiled and sat back down holding his hand. Regan then grabbed the headphones and connected it to the speaker. She gave Marcus the headphones and let him listen to the static noise. 

I hear a conversation from Emmett and Evelyn. "How does it work does it use some kind of feedback from the microphone?" Emmett asks gesturing to the radio. "I don't know it just does" Evelyn exhaustively says. "I've just never seen one dead before" Emmett responds. A small amount of silence stands between them something all of us are use too. "How is he?" Emmett asks Evelyn and Evelyn looks our way. I give her a smile. 

"Auggie said it didn't touch the bone" She responds. "The wrap won't last much longer" I say looking at Marcus bloody bruised foot. I shake him and Marcus darts up scared. "it's okay, i'm gonna check your foot" I say and Marcus nods and lays back down. "Regan hold his hand it might sting" I sign and Regan understands. She grabs Marcus hand and I unwrap his bandage. I look at the wound. "It looks like an infection is growing." I sign to Evelyn who just looks down and cries. 

I take some of the alcohol and dab it on the wound. Marcus breaths heavily. "I know" I say giving his arm a squeeze and then wrap it back up. I then go back to Marcus side and take his hand. He gives it three squeezes and then he stops and begins to sit up. His eyes are wide and I immediately stand and go to his feet. "No" he says and gives me the headphones. I hear music playing through the headphones and I give him a smile. I haven't heard music in over a year and it was a great feeling to hear it. 

I then hand the headphones too Evelyn. She relaxes at the sound. "Have you heard this?" she asks Emmett and then hands the headphones back to Marcus. "Its the same song that's been playing for the past four months." Emmett says and the four of us look at him. "No dad would've heard it" Regan signs angrily. "What is she saying?" Emmett asks. "She says that he would of heard it" Evelyn says and Emmett looks at the four of us with a sad face. 

"It's the valley, we didn't hear anything until we came up here, your dad wouldn't of heard anything" Emmett says and Regan says "You're nothing like him!" She seemed incredibly angry. "Does this mean there's more people?" Marcus asks and Evelyn grabs his face. "I don't know baby" Evelyn says and then Emmett stands angrily. "No, there's nothing left, I want you gone tomorrow!" He says and picks up his gun and walks off. 

"What a dick" I say and Evelyn looks at me annoyed at my language. "He use to be cool!" I say and then lay Marcus back down to sleep.