Please

"I need you to find her for me, she's going to get help and I need you Emmett to bring her back to me" Evelyn says in a state of worry. She paces the room and bites her nails to cope with the possible loss of her daughter. "I don't know" Emmett says and I snap my head up at him. I walk over to him. "Quit being a little dick and go save the girl, what if that was your kid out there!" I say shoving my finger into Emmett's chest. "Get off me Auggie!" he shoves me back. 

"Please Emmett I'm asking you as a friend, please bring her home to me!" Evelyn pleads and I go up and hug her. "It's a shame he's gone because if he were here he would look you right in the eye and tell you that his little girl is absolutely the type of person worth saving" Evelyn says in-between her sobs. Emmett rubs his face which is a good sign. "Please go find her and bring her back to me" 

"My turn to hold him!" I say and grab the little sleeping baby out of Evelyn's arms. I rock it back and forth watching it sleep is one of my favorite things. This baby gives me hope. It gives me hope because it is a new generation that could possibly figure out what to do to fix this world. I am thankful for any time I spend with the baby. 

I turn my head towards a sleeping Marcus. His wound is healed but he needs antibiotics or he will be in a lot of pain soon. I look to Evelyn who is also smiling at Marcus. "He needs medicine the infection is spreading no matter how much I clean it" I say and Evelyn looks up at me. "I'll make a run tomorrow don't tell Marcus that I'm gone" Evelyn says and I nod my head. 

"If you can't find any medicine at the pharmacy in town you might wanna try and go to other stores, if the infection gets to bad then I may have to amputate his foot and he'll most likely die from blood loss" I say taking a deep breath. "That won't happen" Evelyn says and I nod my head. 

"Thank you Auggie" Evelyn says and I look at her confused. "for what?" I ask. "For everything, I wouldn't have been able to deliver the baby without you, I wouldn't know how to clean that foot or what to do about Marcus without you" Evelyn says and I smile down at her. "Thank you for everything as well, opening up your home to me, helping me grieve the loss of my dad, protecting me." I say and Evelyn pulls me into a hug. 

"I'm glad Marcus has you, I see the way he looks at you and it always puts a smile on my face" Evelyn says and I smile. "I notice and it puts a smile on my face too" I say and we both laugh. "someday we might be together maybe after all of this" I say and Evelyn laughs. "Whats the point of waiting we don't know when this is gonna end don't wait for anything anymore" Evelyn says and I smile. "You're right" I say and then the baby starts to cry. 

Sleep hasn't been very fun. I just thank God everyday that I don't snore. I open my eyes and I feel like my eyes are playing a trick on me when I see Marcus climbing the ladder. I rub my eyes and realize Marcus is actually climbing the ladder. I go up behind him and he opens the top. He tells me to shush and we both pop our heads out of the opening. Evelyn is walking away and out of the warehouse. 

"Don't go!" Marcus signs to his mom. "I'll only be gone for a couple of hours!" Evelyn signs. "But, the baby I don't know how to.." Evelyn quickly cuts Marcus off. "I showed you how and Auggie is here and can help you if you have any trouble!" Evelyn says and I smile at her. "Look if I don't go, then you are gonna be in a lot of pain" Evelyn says and Marcus only signs "please" and she looks at me. "You have to go or it'll be bad" I say and Evelyn nods her head. "I won't lose you" Evelyn says and begins to tear up. "breathe, I'll be right back" Evelyn says and walks away.