Chapter 9

"Get up!" He shouted.

"Can I call my father?" I asked.

"No. And meet me downstairs. I'll be expecting you" He said, sternly.

"Who was that?" Rachel asked, rubbing her eyes.

"The man from yesterday" I sit on the bed. "We have to get out of here, Rachel"

"I know, and even if we do. He's still gonna catch us"

"I'm tired of this" Minutes passed there was silence, each of us thinking. "He said he's expecting me, so I'm going downstairs"

"Please be safe"

"I will"

I've been here for so long and I think I would be dead now.

I saw him on a bench outside, smoking. Does he not know that smoking is not good? I walked to him and sit down.

"Yes?"

"Your father called today"

"So, what did he say?" I asked.

"That I should not hurt you and to bring you back"

I sat in silenced. Should I even asked if he's gonna bring me back?

"Are you?"

"Deciding it" Months of being here, I get to realize that he's not that bad and his name is Darren.

"Well, I'm going to go inside" I stand up.

"No" He hold my hand. A wierd tingling feeling went up my back. "I mean, sit back down"

"What are you gonna do to me?" I looked in his eyes.

"Your father still owes me money and your staying with the girl until he pays"

"Can I pay it back? Why did you bring her here?"

"Her family is dangerous and they owe money. This is my job, Don't pay the money, Get Kidnapped"

"How is her family dangerous?" I asked.

"Her mother owned a company and borrowed money from me because they needed to pay they're insurance. I lend them and from that, they didn't pay me back" He said.

Money is the root of all evil. That verse pops up in my head. Why didn't Rachel tell me this? That's why she was acting wierd before. 

"Oh" That's all I managed to say.

He lights the cigarette and started smoking. "Do you know that's bad for you, right?"

"Yeah and I'll continue to do it" He answered.

"It's bad for you" I felt hurt for him, why do I have these feelings?

"I know" His deep voice said. He crushed the cigarette with his foot and a picture fell out of his pocket.

"Wha-"

"Don't touch it"

Tell him.

Tell him about what, Lord?

Ask him why.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know" He said honestly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked softly, looking on the grass.

"My mother died when I was younger and I always carry this picture to remind myself, that she's here with me. She was loving and beautiful, always talking about God will be there. If He was there, why wouldn't He saved her from dying? I can't-" A tear dropped out of his eye.

I hugged him. "Darren, God has a reason why your mother died, you don't know but He knows. I know that when bad things happen we tend to blame it on God, He has His reason, you just have to trust Him" I felt warm in arms.

He seemed relieved. He kissed my head and said "Thank you" I don't think he realized it.

"You are a good adviser. I never think of that before. All these years, I've been wondering and you just-"

"I know, I know" I smiled.

He put a strand of my hair being my ear. "Y'know your beautiful, right?" He asked.

"I get that a lot" I blushed, looking down.

"Well, your getting more from me" He winked.

My feelings are hyperactive today. This is not me, I shouldn't be doing this.

to be continued...