Chapter 10

B R I T N E Y

I always hated alarm clocks. They reminded me of the fact that I had another day to endure. I wanted to smash the clock into pieces as I stared at it. I rolled my eyes and got off my bed. The first place I went to was the kitchen. The smell of Mom's Pancakes was just too tempting.

"Morning"

"Britney, did you just wake up?" Mother asked.

"Yes and I'm hungry" I replied.

"You know the first thing you should think of---"

"In the morning is how to live the day to the fullest" I finished for her.

She smiled at me with her bright, green eyes. I stuffed some chocolate chip pancakes in my mouth.

"It was tempting me!" I said.

"I'll take that as a compliment" She said.

"That's what it is" I said, rushing to the bathroom to start preparing for school.

+

It was 7:00am so there was not much traffic. My mind wandered to Ruth. She's been missing for months now. Even her father went to the school. But anyways, I don't care and my suspension is over so more space for me.

My two bestfriends, Rebecca and Diana were already waiting for me. Diana is totally fun to be around, plus she's great when it comes to gossiping. Like, she has all the latest news on everything and everyone. Rebecca is just a drama queen although she's good in fighting.

"Ugh" Diana snorted as she saw the school staff coming through the hallway. They really need some fashion advice.

"I know right, like that is so old-fashioned" Diana said and rolled her eyes.

"They definitely got that outfit from Nautica" I said.

Anyways, I checked my homework list. Everything was perfect, high grades is all I need.

Our history teacher, Mr. McIntosh started teaching when everyone settled down- he is the most boring teacher ever. I buried my face in my iPhone, looking for some new songs to download on iTunes.

Hours later school closed and met my friends at our usual spot behind the school.

"Did you see Daniel shoes? It looks like it just come out of garbage!" Rebecca laughed.

"He clearly don't know style" Diana laughed uncontrollably.

I wasn't even paying attention to their conversation. My eyes were glued on Ryan Mattocks, the hottest Head boy ever and senior! He had just broken up with his girlfriend and almost every girl wanted to catch his eye - and I was no exception. I had tried very hard to flirt with him. It's not like he even noticed me so I stopped thinking about him. But that little crush was still there.

I couldn't get him out of my mind. He has jet black hair with piercing blue eyes and a strong jawline. His bulging biceps always made him stand out and that is what attracted me to him most. Our eyes met and he started walking towards me. I panicked! I wasn't prepared to speak to him. Sh*t!

"Hey, Britney" Ryan said.

"Hey" I twirled my hair.

"Are you free this weekend?" Ryan asked me out of the blue.

"Yeah"

"There's a party at my house this weekend and I wanted to invite you"

"I'll definitely be there. But I don't know your home address"

"I'm sure your friends know my address. You could ask anyone. I'll be expecting you" Ryan said and winked at me before he left.

I looked at Ryan's retreating figure. He had personally invited me to his party.This could be a big step towards a more intimate relationship with him. Diana and Rebecca made their way towards me. Suspicion and eagerness evident on their faces. Clearly, they had seen me chatting with Ryan.

"Spill it!" Rebecca squealed excitedly.

I quickly told them about the conversation. 

"Ayee! I can't believe it!" Diana squealed. I was glad my two bestfriends shared in my joy.

+

The sun was about to set and I could no longer feel it's warm rays on my face.

"I think it's time we get going" I said and they followed me to MY Buggati. We soon began our short journey home but before we engaged in a conversation talking about what we're gonna wear to the party. Suddenly I remembered to ask Dad for permission to be able to go. I called him, hoping he will pick up.

"Hey, Dad"

"Talk quick, I'm busy" He replied.

"I want to go to a party. It's the biggest social event of the year!"

"Who are going with you?" He asked.

"Diana and Rebbeca"

"Are you sure this party is safe?"

"Yes Dad! You don't have to worry, I'll be fine with them. They'll protect me"

"Okay, okay. Be safe and be home by 10 pm, good?"

"Thank you! And I will! Love you"

"I love you" He said and hanged up. I was so excited!

to be continued...