The Dreamer and The Dreamy

Right so...nothing much. Just a little one-shot inspired by my experience at work. (exaggerated for the purpose of this one-shot) Plus, I miss writing so I decided to do a one-shot of Ye Jin & Hyun Bin as teachers. Enjoy!

P.S. This will probably stay as a one-shot bc I have no capacity to add another ongoing story to my lists of fics to write now heh! If anyone wants to continue this, be my guest🥰

***

Shuffling papers accompanied the soft, butterfly-like touches of fingers on a keyboard as the woman seated at the front desk ploughed through the statement of accounts lying on the desk.

Occasionally, the grinding sounds of the printer working to produce the document she needed filled the room, followed by more light clicking coming from the mouse.

Type. Click. Print.

That was the rather mundane routine of the administrative side of the learning academy Son Ye Jin was working at.

Picking up the invoice from the printer, Ye Jin stacked them together and began the long gruelling process of signing and chopping the invoices of the students who had paid their tuition fees on time.

Of course, to spice things up for herself, Ye Jin pretended that these invoices were posters from her fans, and she, an actor who was more than willing to give out her autograph to her beloved fans.

At work, Ye Jin was called a dreamer — amongst other nicknames.

Perhaps this was one of the reasons why.

4.15 pm.

The next class was starting soon. 

She has a class to teach too. Mathematics.

Picking up her pace, Ye Jin was so occupied with her greater imagination that she barely acknowledged the new presence in the learning academy. That was until a deep cough sounded above her head.

The person who had cleared his throat donned a simple black cap; classy yet oh so strange in such a weather.

It was, after all, a normal chilly autumn where they were at and caps usually don't make an appearance until the summer

His tank green jacket was slung over his shoulder as he waited for her to say something because he himself wasn't sure why the woman was simply gaping at him.

Perhaps she was too bewitched by his handsomeness or simply caught off guard since he was the deviation to her normal routine at work.

But Ye Jin had a major brain fart moment when she finally decided to speak.

And when she did, it was under the impression that he was a student here. To be fair, he could pass off as a high school student, but even then, his broader and more muscular built certainly should have given Ye Jin the indication that he was past the age of schooling.