A Christmas Prince

Prompt from my dear friend Qissy! Thank you for inspiring my imagination for this and for typing out that short extract of their kiss! I took it upon me to incorporate your awesome writing into this one-shot!💛

Also yesitsbinjin thanks for the nightly discussion topics too!

I would say this chapter is slightly PG13 but who am I to stop you from reading this? Regardless, proceed with caution!

***

A cold night gives one more reason to draw closer to those you love. Because in the arms of our loved ones, we can experience a warmth like never before. A warmth that seeps into our skin and into our heart. A warmth that infiltrates our mind, leaving us fuzzy even in the coldest winter nights.

***

It was one of those nights in Seoul. Where frost would creep onto windows and where white-puffed clouds would be left in the cold winter night as people breathed. The holiday season meant the welcoming of winter and with that, snow and ice crystals. Puddles of water laid frozen on the streets, a walking hazard to some and an ice rink to the more imaginative minds. Yet, as carols sounded in the air, warmth filled the hearts of a couple walking across the street to their apartment.

Huddled up together, a man who towered over his woman with his broad, tall form had his thick winter coat wrapped around her. Their faces were covered by their masks and scarfs and truly, only a pair of eyes could be seen through their winter clothes. The two stopped in front of a charity collection box and dropped off a thick envelope before they ran for their apartment.

In the warm confines of their shared apartment, the man and woman shook off the snow at the doorstep and proceeded to remove their winter jackets and scarfs. Soon, they were left in their matching silk Christmas pyjamas, patterned with sleighbells and reindeers.

"Brrr, why on earth did I agree to go out with only our PJs underneath our coats. I'm freezing..." Ye Jin tried to stop her teeth from chattering.

"You insisted on coming with me, Eon Jin. I simply had to drop off our donation." Hyun Bin reminded his love gently before he took her icy-cold hands and blew on them gently.

Ye Jin suddenly giggled as she pointed at Hyun Bin and the latter tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"Your nose is so red, Tae Pyung! You look adorable! Like Rudolf! Omo, you can be my Bindolf! No...that sounds odd. Rubin?" Ye Jin joked.

Hyun Bin smiled at Ye Jin's comment. Sometimes, he truly doesn't get her humour. Yet, her giggles never fail to make him laugh, like now.

"Love, your nose is red too. If I'm a Rubin, you're a Rujin." Hyun Bin teased back.

Ye Jin stuck out her tongue at Hyun Bin's retort but stopped when she felt an urge to sneeze.

AH CHOO!

"Let's get you warmed up, love." Hyun Bin fussed immediately as he dragged her over to their living room.

With the heater running, Hyun Bin made two cups of hot chocolate, double-checking that he added extra marshmallows in Ye Jin's cup.

"Here you go, Eon Jin." Hyun Bin handed the piping hot mug to Ye Jin.

"Gomawo." Ye Jin smiled back at her thoughtful man as she cupped her hands around the cup.

A satisfied smile made its way onto Ye Jin's face as she melted into the warmth of the hot chocolate. The hot chocolate was one of Hyun Bin's signature drinks. He learnt how to make it from scratch when they were travelling in Switzerland during their CLOY shooting a year back. Hyun Bin's hot chocolate will always be Ye Jin's favourite. With its dark, rich undertones swirling in her mouth, the mug of chocolatey goodness reminds her of Charlie's Chocolate factory with its towering mountains of sweets and goodies. Ye Jin was savouring the drink slowly as it banished any semblance of wintery chill that they put themselves through just moments ago.

Next to her, Hyun Bin was admiring his love for her appreciation for all the simple things in life. There is never a day where he wasn't amazed by her capacity to find happiness even in the simplest of things. A mug of handmade hot chocolate is one of them.

"Love, shall we watch a movie?" Ye Jin suggested lightly.

"Of course. Let me get the blankets." Hyun Bin offered automatically.

Ye Jin's eyes softened even more at the thoughtfulness of her big baby as he got up to fetch the blankets. Away from her sight now, Ye Jin picked up the remote and started scrolling through the movies on Netflix. A Christmas Prince was one of Ye Jin's favourite holiday movies and her finger automatically picked that one just as Hyun Bin snuggled up next to her on the couch. As the movie began rolling, the couple found themselves drawing closer to each other to keep the warmth between the two of them. Of course, that is only an excuse to snuggle.

Hyun Bin was usually warmer than Ye Jin. In fact, now, with half of his firm chest pressed against her back, Ye Jin was feeling unbelievably warm and snuggly. The last remanent of chills left her as her favourite personal heater warmed her right up. Slowly but surely, Ye Jin found herself snuggling up even closer to Hyun Bin, although she remained unaware of her instinctive actions. She was in fact fully focused on the movie although the same couldn't be said for Hyun Bin.

Throughout the first half of the movie, Hyun Bin started out in a relaxed stance to a tenser stance when he felt Ye Jin shifting next to him. From their usual lazy snuggle, Ye Jin had somehow snuggled closer to him. That's fine and all except for the fact that she was on full koala mode with her arms and legs wrapped around him. Ye Jin's head was leaning softly on the nape of his neck as she occasionally nuzzled her head affectionately. The most torturous part for him however was the situation down there. Because of her position, one of her legs were resting right on him.

Lord help him!

"Wait, no! Don't hide it, Amber!" Ye Jin suddenly shouted.

Hyun Bin had to bite back a groan when he felt his love's leg shift from her passionate declaration against Amber's decision. He was slowly losing his mind as Ye Jin settled even deeper into her position and that is when he snapped.

Snatching the remote from Ye Jin's hand, he turned off the TV in front of them with a growl.

"Hey! We-" Ye Jin started to protest before Hyun Bin kissed the words right off her lips.

Not having the time to react, Ye Jin remained frozen for a few seconds before she melted into the kiss. Hyun Bin pulled back slightly as he fixed Ye Jin with his darkened eyes, causing her to shiver as goosebumps appeared on her skin. She's familiar with those eyes. Too familiar.

"We can watch this movie later." Hyun Bin's deepened voice resonated off the walls of their living room.

Ye Jin felt the familiar warmth shoot down to her core as she stared straight into Hyun Bin's eyes. They were so dark, just like the night sea. Ye Jin felt like she could drown in them and she wouldn't mind it one bit.

Gently, Hyun Bin started tracing her lips with his fingers, savouring the soft silkiness of her lips against the rough padding of his thumb. Quietly, Ye Jin closed her eyes as she let out a puff of breath, shivering slightly from Hyun Bin's touches.

Holding her chin, Hyun Bin lowered his head again to claim his love's lips as he felt Ye Jin hesitate for a millisecond before she allowed his lips to have full access of every inch of hers.

A Christmas Kiss.

A kiss that ignited passions. A kiss that promised the world. A kiss that unleashed the innate primal desire that resides in the hearts of two souls blissfully enchanted by each other. The kiss awakened something in Hyun Bin and Ye Jin as they felt their souls connect on an even deeper level.

"I love you, Eon Jin." Hyun Bin's silky tenor broke the haze of pleasure between them.

"I love you too, Tae Pyung." Ye Jin whispered back, the tears of pleasure clear in her eyes as she looked up softly at her man.

That night, two souls engaged in their well-practised dance as they declared their love for each other over and over again. Simply listening, exploring and loving every little bit of their beloved. Even with the wintery cold of the night outside, the house was filled with nothing but warmth because of the love they have found in each other. At that moment, they were in their own protective bubble and they knew nothing but each other. And really, that is all they would ever need.

L-O-V-E.