Chapter 7

Ali

It has been three days since our little 'incident' and Ethan has been avoiding me like hell. Nothing new but this time around, he refuses to come to bed at night and sleeps at his brothers house. I know that the dark magic is controlling his actions but damn, it feels like he wants to act this way. No offense, I only know this side of him, no other side. Yeah, but I guess I will see the 'changed' Ethan and be the judge of that.

Anyways, my mom has been blowing up my phone with calls and texts. I don't know what the hell is going on, she left me alone, why can't she just do that again. I will call her back later today, but first I need to check on Jack.

I exit my room, wearing a yellow and white colored with black flowers sundress and white converse. I reach his room and knock once before coming in. He is seated on the carpet drawing something, he is damn good for his age. I think I should take him for art classes or something.

"Hey Jackson, what you doing there?" Dumb question, I know.

"Just drawing a picture,mommy." He replies not looking up. He insists on calling me mommy and I have no problem with that. I actually hoped that he would call me mommy.
"Baby, listen, I need to talk to you about something serious. Do you remember what happened to your parents? I don't expect you to, but I nee-

"Yes, they were killed. Why do you ask?" He said all this not looking up at me

"Do you want to talk to someone about this, I can pay for you?"

He shakes his head no and I know that I have to try harder.
"I don't want to talk to anybody but you, I just wanna be a kid with a normal life like Rose and Pete. My parents are not coming back and I needs to move on."

"Ok baby, I get it now." I open my arms gesturing for him to give me a hug. I love hugs. He puts his short arms around me and I kiss his cheek, ruffling his hair.

I leave his room to go help at the daycare, I promised to be there. I decide to call my mom later, when I return from the daycare.

...

Sarah

It has been three days and I have been busy as fuck. I haven't seen my baby but I know that it was worth the wait, because everything is in order now. We leave very very soon. So I decided to take her out to the mall then to the movies. She is working so hard for everyone in this pack that she doesn't know where the mall is located.I mean a few months and already she connected the other packs together, up until a few months ago they wanted nothing to do with us.

As a pack we have our own mall and theaters and all, ever since hunters attacked us. We protected ourselves and isolated ourselves from everyone. There hasn't been any reports of our kind being found by hunters the last decade and that is a good thing.

"Oh my- Sarah look, she is so blind, behind you. Behind you, ugh. Mxm," she says a little irritated. She talks a lot during movie times, but I don't mind because I get to hear her beautiful voice.

After the movie we went to the mall and she bought a lot of stuff. I paid for everything and unlike most girls she didn't make a big deal out of it. "Never pass free gifts" she said and I couldn't wait to spoil and shower her with gifts everyday. She deserves it all.

We went back to the house after a very eventful day, I didn't want her to come to my house, because she will see all the packed suitcases and ask a lot of questions and that would spoil the fun.
...

"Do you think this is the one, Sarah?"

I look up and there she is looking as beautiful as ever, but I bet she looks good in a dish cloth.
I can't wait to-

"Sarah,it's too revealing, right, I knew it. I will go change and put on another. Be back right."
She turns  to leave but I stop her

"No it's good but what are those hickeys doing on your neck?" I try to sound as calm and not caring as possible, I don't want to scare her off.

"Oh these, they are nothing. I am gonna go change, be right."
Great I scared her off but what are the hickeys doing on her neck? That is my mate, my baby, maybe we will have to go sooner than expected if Ethan can control himself and do something like this. She will become attached and that is the last thing I want.

I knock on her door once before entering, she is pulling on her black jeans. She doesn't care if I see her naked, unlike most best friends. She is comfortable with her body and I respect that because she has to suffer a lot.

"Listen I'm sorry, babes. I just don't want you to think that Ethan is changing or something. I don't want you to get hurt." I give a smile and look at her in all honesty.
She looks at me while dressing
"I know, Sarah. Anyways thank you for the clothes and everything I owe you for that."

"Ok but I gotta go something came up. I will call you later."

I leave her house and call my brother Kyle while driving back to my house.
"What" He answers
"Change of plans, we leave tomorrow."
"Ok"

I end the call and contact my pilot to inform him as well, can't have Ethan doing right.