You are not a screw up

(*TW - Homophobia, and offensive name calling if you don't like that stuff )

"I'll see you tomorrow Cock-ichi!" Miu yelled across the hall to me, everyone at school stopped what they were doing and put their focus onto us.

"Right back at ya Slut!" I called back, my voice louder than I had originally intended, I've gotta put on a show for this crowd now that we have their attention. She waved me off and left the building, and my peers went back to what they were doing before.

"Wow, you sure are vulgar today huh?" Someone said behind me. I turned around and became face to face with my beloved boyfriend Shuichi.

"SHUMAI!" I yelled and hugged him, pulling his tall body down to my level. This didn't bother anyone as this was a regular occurrence with me and my friends. He hugged me back a little more deeper than normal, which bothered me a little, since his usual reaction is to blush and push me away.
"Do you wanna go get some coffee?" I asked him, it would probably make him feel better from whatever was making him sad. He nodded slowly and pulled away, I noticed as he did that his eyes were slightly red and puffy, as if he just spent the last couple of hours in silent tears.

"Let's go then! Coffee, here we come!!!" I marched down the hallway and out the doors, pulling on his hand as we went along, but not before noticing that my beloved Shumai had a small smile on his face as we left.

.....time skip - brought to you by hope.....

We arrived at the coffee shop and sat down at a table in the furthest corner of the room. I grabbed his hand across the table as we sat in silence for a while. I knew he probably needed to calm down and he needed silence to do so.

After a few minutes he squeezed my hands softly and let go. "Do you wanna order drinks?" I asked softly, looking up at him.

"Sure," he smiled, "what do you wanna get?"

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I HAVE NO IDEA!" I yelled, getting a some glances from the people sitting at the tables.

"Kichi! Keep it down!" He whisper-shouted at me, apologising to the others surrounding us.

"Fine, fine. I'll only be quiet for you my beloved Shumai!" I winked, and looked at the menu knowing that he was now a blushing mess. "Anyways~ do you wanna tell me why you were so sad earlier?" I asked in a more serious tone.

"Oh yeah, that..." his eyes spaced out a little, "my parents called me straight after lunch..."

"You're shitting me!" I said to him, taking his hands into my own once more.

His parents were horrible, they were always very emotionally distant from Shuichi and when they found out he was gay, they started to mentally abuse him, calling him slurs and saying things like he was a mistake, that his mother should've aborted him and that no one will love him. That last one was obviously wrong as I love him, more than anyone could quite possibly imagine, but even with that reassurance their words still hurt him.

"What did they say to you this time?" I asked in a more gentler tone than I normally would. I looked into his eyes and I could see them become more and more wet with unshed tears.

He met my eyes, the tears finally spilling out after having been held in for after being held in for a while, "They called me to tell me that they were going to have another child. That they weren't going to let this one be a screw up like me."

"Oh Shumai, you're not a screw up. Your parents just don't appreciate you." He rested his head on top of my hands on his hands. "Besides, who needs those fuckers when you have me? Your ultimate supreme leader!"

He chuckled lightly at that, "Thanks Kichi, you really are the best."

"Of course I am!"

"How humble of you" I stuck my tongue out at him, he giggled at that immature move by me.

...another time skip because I'm really lazy...

Shuichi and I walked back to our separate dorms back at the school. I dropped him off at his door. I looked into his eyes, "I love you, and you are such a wonderful person."

"Is that a lie?"

"Not this time, my beloved detective~"