Before the infection.

The story begins with Willow Wolf. A child who's family is poor, and steals food to live. Some point in her childhood, her parents were arrested by the Lucella police department. Her and her younger brother William spend most of their time alone, with Willow stealing food for the both of them. Eventually, A nice lady called Daisy finds the kids alone. She stays with them, taking care of them and being the mother figure that they didn't have. But, she gets drafted to join the military, and leaves Willow and William alone again. Saddened by this, William runs away to find Daisy, leaving Willow alone, and sad that she's all alone.
Meanwhile, Mr P, A scientific genius starts making a cure for his sickened wife, Ms P, who is sick with Linaeomma.
The Lucella police department sends Officer Doggy, and the player, a detective, to arrest Willow for stealing food. The player succeeds, and Willow is brought into custody, however she still believes she did nothing wrong. Mr P finally makes his cure, known as Substance 128, but needs someone to test it. The Piggy family, A family of 2 children, decide they'll test the potion. However, their youngest son, Georgie didn't drink the potion. The results showed the cure was a success, as the Piggy family were getting stronger, so Mr P gave the potion to his sick wife. However one night the Piggy family started becoming hostile, and so did Ms P, so Mr P decided to let her go, and fled.