Chapter 2

Jason's POV

The next day, we're walking into the Market to get mom some food to cook for dinner. As we enter, and turn down the aisle next to the registers, and I spot Gabi in line with her cart. I walk over to her, as Joe continues to shop.

"Excuse me. Pardon me." I say making my way to her in line.

Obviously she hears me, and turns around and looks for me. As soon as our eyes meet, her's light up.

 As soon as our eyes meet, her's light up

"Hey stranger." I say softly.

She starts smiling, "Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in months. I swear I was just about to call you once I got back to my house. I just flew in yesterday."  She says, grabbing me into a sweet, firm hug.

"Well, here I am, in the flesh. How was the trip to Atlanta? How's the album going? You told me I would get first listen?" I say remembering the conversation.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Can we go somewhere else and talk?" She asks, putting her grocery's up on the conveyor.

"Yeah. Let me get this stuff with Joe for my mom, and I'll meet you at your car, and I'll ride with you." I answer

"Okay. I can't wait to catch up." She says, "That's your brother, right? I've never met him, will you introduce me?" She asks, placing her hand on my chest, trying to look around me.

I turn around and he's in the back at the meat counter.

I turn, looking down in her eyes. "Nah, I don't want to get you two mixed up. We talked about this." I say, honestly.

"We'll talk about it later." She says, as we move up in line.

"Can you guys pay, you're holding up the line." The guy rudely says, behind the counter.

"Bitch, we just got up here." I say eyeing the guy.

There's only two people behind us anyway. He's lucky Joe isn't here because he'd chin check his ass super quick.

I look in her cart, and scan it before taking out my wallet. I handed her two fifty dollar bills.

"Here." I say,

She looks up at me with reluctant eyes. I just smile at her, sweetly.

"Take the damn money, girl. I'm ready to clock out." The man at the register fusses.

She rolls her eyes, before reluctantly taking the money.

"Sir, you need a better attitude." I start, "If you can't be cordial to the customers, then you don't need to work here." I add, "Now, say one more disrespectful word towards me, you won't have to worry about working at all." I finish

"Cause he's gonna fuck you up." She adds, handing him the money.

He takes the money, then gives her the change and receipt. The bagger puts the bag in her cart.