Chapter 17

Jason's POV

After a few minutes I pull up to Gabbys house. I pull into the driveway behind her car and I get out of my truck. I'll walk up to the door and I check the door to see if it's unlocked, it is so I go inside. She sounds like she's in the kitchen. I close the door, and she appears from around the corner with a dish towel over her shoulder.

"Hey." She says apprehensively.

"Hey Gabi." I respond with a sigh.

"I missed you." She says fidgeting with her clothes, dropping her head before making eye contact again.

"Gabriella." I say firm. A little louder than I wanted to. "You have no right to miss me. You fucked my brother and for what? To get your music played on the radio? It sucks because your gift is amazing, but you were to caught up in your  insecurities to realize you already had the connects you needed. But since he's famous, you took that route. I really thought you were better than that." I vent, smelling the air like something could be burning. I walk over to her, before eying her hard as I pass her into the kitchen.

Once I get in the kitchen, I smell steak and some type of seafood. I walk over to the stove and yank the sauteed veggies off the stove.

"I was thinking we could talk over dinner. Is that okay?" She asks, a little timid.

I sigh, looking back at her.

"Yeah, that's fine." I say

After she finishes up the food, grabs a chilled bottle of wine. She really pulled out all the stops. Someone's seeking my forgiveness.

She grabs two glasses then sits down so the table.

"Okay. Let's say grace, and then we can talk." She says, softly.

I nod my head, before letting her pray.

"Okay." She says, uncorking the bottle, pouring her a glass and chugging half of it. "I know what I did was wrong, and I felt awful for doing it." She starts. "Joe had just showed up at my house after I told him I was busy. He just kept pressing me. He wanted to hear me sing live to see if I could. I did and he loved it, and he then proceeded to pursue and persuade me into having sex with him." She explains. "And before I knew what was happening, he was all over me. Kissing on me and everything. I was frozen. I couldn't move." She continues. "At one point I just gave in, but afterwards my stomach was sick, and I felt horrible." She adds. "I felt sick because I knew what I'd just allowed to happen, and I knew that I'd hurt you, which hurt me. I'm so sorry, Jason. I hate what I did, and I hate that it hurt you." She apologizes

I sigh, taking in everything she said.

"Do you regret it?" I ask

"So much." She says without hesitation.

I don't respond, I finally start eating my food, taking a bite.

"Listen. I'm grieving my ex fiance's death. This is the last thing I need right now. I'm not angry at Joe anymore, and I don't want to be mad at you." I admit.

"I swear, I'll never hurt you again." She says seriously.

"I'm not saying things are going back to normal, but I can forgive you now, after hearing your part, and seeing how apologetic you are." I say, honestly.

I'm not an evil person, and she's remorseful, no need in making her suffer.

"Thank You." She says, gratefully. "And again, I'm sorry." She says.

"Drop it. It's over and done." I say.

She nods.

I look down at her plate, and I realize she hasn't taken one bite of anything.