Chapter 14

Joe's POV 

Asia and I are sitting in my car outside of Mom's house. My proudest moment, was buying my mom a house in Calabasas. I've always wanted to get her out of the neighborhood we used to live in and I did that, so mission accomplished.

Today, I brought my mom some lunch. Asia thought it would be a good idea to come with me and I wasn't opposed to it. We're official now, so why not? It's not like I don't want her here, it's just she's my mom, and I don't like sharing. Guess that's a part of me that needs to grow and evolve too.

"Okay, a couple things about my mom...she's very chill, but she can be protective over me. So there's your warning." I say, kissing her lips.

"I'm protective of you too, and now her. I think we'll get along fabulously." She says sweetly.

I turn off the car, and we get out. I lock it, and we walk up to the house, hand in hand.

I open the door with my key, and we walk in.

"Mom!" I called out but I saw her asleep on the sofa in the living room.

We walk over, and I tell Asia to sit down on the couch, before squatting down to mom's level on the sofa.

I grab her hand, and softly rub it, waking her up like I used too. Her eyes flutter open in the cutest way, and I can't help but smile.

She stiffens for a moment, before relaxing into my hold.

"Seppi!!?" She asks, sitting up.

"Hey ma, I'm home." She smiles, wrapping her arms around me, in a bearhug, damn near breaking my spine.

I hand her the plate, and she motions for me to sit it on the table. Sitting up.

"You haven't called or visited me in over three months Joseph. What's your excuse?" She fusses, letting go of me.

"I mean, you haven't called me either." I smile

"I'm the mother, Joseph. I shouldn't have too. I figured you were in one of your moods, and didn't want to be bothered." She says

"For three months, ma?" I ask, looking up at her.

"You know how you don't take your meds, so I figured you needed a mental break from me." She says, dropping her head.

"Hey." I say, tilting her head back up, with the side on my forefinger and thumb. "I'm always available for you. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad. Don't feel like that. Whatever you need or want, you know I'm here for you." I say honestly.

I hate when she does this.

"I hear you, Seppi." She says "I'll be better at communicating." She adds.

"Me too. I've just been really busy dealing with Jason and your sperm donor." I say, getting irritated.

"Your father." She corrects me.

"That man doesn't mean a thing to me. He doesn't deserve that title." I respond honestly, but irritated. "I'm in a relationship now." I say, bracing for her reaction.

"First, regardless of how you feel about him, he's still your father." She says, firmly. "Secondly, is this the young lady who finally tied my Seppi down?" Mom says, looking over at Asia.

"Yes, ma'am." Asia says. "It's so great to officially meet you." She says, standing, walking over, extending her hand.

They shake hands.

"You look familiar." Mom says. "I think we ran across one another at Joseph's house about a year ago." She explains, and I instantly remember what she's talking about.