Chapter 3

You Don't Know Me

White Beards P.O.V~

   I couldn't believe what I had just heard, her name, no wonder why she looked so familiar. She's the only survivor of the fire attack on Haru Island. Last I checked the island was completely destroyed, but there was one young girl who barely made it with her life, tails and songs are still spreading throughout the Grand Line of her existence. My crew and I were inspired by her tail, and nowhere where are, I meet this legend before me, the fire clear in her eyes.
   "So you're the child that escaped the fire over 15 years ago" she nodded slowly, staring at the ground.

   "No way, she's the Fire Phantom?!" We both turn our gaze to the rest of the crew who were rudely eavesdropping on our conversation "Wow, no wonder she hates Ace so much" called out Thatch. Their faces were in awe and shock, I turn to (y/n) as water surrounded her causing wind the pick up in the room, her (h/l) (h/c) hair whipping around her face.
   On closer inspection her eyes they weren't full of anger, no they were filled with fear. As imitating her stare was I knew she was actually terrified and was only acting on her first instinct which is to fight. I place my hand gently on her shoulder, her gaze shifted from the crew to me. The wind became calm and the water swirled around, eventually reducing the amount there was until there was nothing.

Reader's P.O.V~

   White Beard placed his hand on my shoulder, keeping my calm and clear-minded. His hand was on my right shoulder, with a sincere look on his face. His eyes widen, I realise what he was looking at, I knock his hand lightly off my shoulder and cover up the scorch mark.
   "I understand now, you're afraid that Akainu might come back to find you...."
   'What the hell, they don't know anything about me, what gives him the right to say such things?'

Second Person P.O.V~

   Unaware to you Ace was listening to everything that was being said, more sympathy filled him knowing now the reason for your cold behaviour. "How dare you say such things when you know next to nothing about me!" You gritted your teeth, the grip around your neck increase, close to drawing blood. You summon more water from your own body and lash it out at the crew in the doorway. Taking your chance you dashed out the doorway and raced over the front of the ship.
   You leapt off the ship landing on a wave that was partly made from yourself and the ocean and taking off, as far away from the ship as possible. Ace raced over the side of the ship, keeping his eye on you, you turned to him briefly, feeling rather guilty for the action you took to escape, despite the fact that they hadn't done anything wrong to you.

   You catch Ace's gaze, you grip your heart feeling it shot pain throughout your body. Tearing your eyes away from him, you lift your arms up to increase the waves hight and speed, slowly disappearing into the distance. Ace raced over to one of the smaller boats, cutting the ropes with the dagger he carries around with him. It fell and plonked into the ocean, water splinted upwards tapping his bare skin. "Ace the hell are you doing?" Jozu called out to his commander
   "What does it look like, I'm going after her"
   "Ace, I respect you don't want anything to happen to her, but she hates you" Thatch stood beside Jozu "It's not me she hates, it's the marine Akainu that she hates..."

   "That may be the case, it doesn't mean you should go after her, she's trouble Ace" butting in Marco. "So you're saying I should just sit back and do nothing, sorry I'm not like that, I'm going after her no matter what you say"
   "Ace you're being stubborn, listen to we're sayi..."
   "ENOUGH!" Pops stood before the whole crew, both had a good valid point about the situation, but he had to choose a side. "Commander Ace...." Ace flinched but stood up straight "Yes Pops?" He turned his back to them and waved the back on his hand to Ace "Go bring her back." Ace smiled at his old man and jumped into the small boat, rocking it a little before turning on the fan blades to get it going "I won't disappoint." The motor was up and kicked, with Ace directing it to where you disappeared.
   'Please, be safe....'