Chapter 14

Ace's P.O.V~

   "HEY, LAVA LAMP!!" My eyes shot open to the familiar voice '(y/n)!?' I slowly turn around to see Akainu, his head was turned away from me looking at (h/c) girl with a rifle in hand, just a centimetre or two away from his face. She held the rifle with one hand out stretched to Akainu, cuts and browses all over her, dried up blood from her neck, head and the corner of her mouth. Her eyebrows furrowed deeper, her facial expression was one of disgust when her first two fingers squeezed the trigger, creating that 'BAAANNNGGG!' That ringed in my ears when the rifle recoiled and a little smoke escaped through the long concentrated tube at the other end.

   Akainu fell onto the floor landing onto his back, he coughed up some blood and rolled onto his side as blood splattered out of his mouth and sprayed itself onto the ground beneath him. The bullet hole was in his forehead, as he rocked himself up now sitting on the ground, the hole filled up with lava as (y/n) reloaded the rifle and pointed it straight outward without even taking her eyes off him, she fired it at a charging marine, killing him with a clean headshot.
   His body went limp as the empty body fell back onto the ground. (Y/n) tossed the rifle aside and moved in between Akainu and me, her eyes were shadowed but her jaw was tense. I could only imagine how much anger she must feel towards Akainu, how she's able to stay so calm is beyond me, I would have smashed him into the ground if given the chance, but yet she waits, patiently...

   I flinched when she spoke to Luffy and I as Marco raced over to check on us "Ace... I know you and Akainu have to, resolve a couple of things... But I can only ask that I fight him and that I fight him alone..." Her voice sounded deep and dark, now I can see that (y/n) may be calm and collected on the outside but on the inside, she wanted to tare Akainu apart, her fist clenched tightly and her stance was solid and tense.
   "You can't be serious, if you fight him, you will..." Marco began to speak but was interrupted, (y/n)'s serious gruff voice.
   "I understand your concern, but this is something that has been long overdue... It's something I must do alone, go and help the others with Kizaru... I'll take care of Akainu" I could tell (y/n) wanted to do this alone, she's certain of what she was asking and doing. I wanted to say no, I wanted to tell her to stay with us or let us help her but from the body language (y/n) had, I know this is what she truly wants.

   "Marco is right, you can't fight him alone" Luffy stepped up and made his way over to (y/n), but I grabbed his shoulder, stopping him on the spot. I turn to Marco, meeting his firm gaze. We both knew what had to be done, as much as I didn't want too, this is the way it has to be "Luffy..." I called my little brother gaining his attention. I held onto his shoulder tightly, forcing myself onto one knee and locking my gaze with his "This is something (y/n) must do on her own..." Luffy frowned at me as I squeeze his shoulder lightly, the corner of my mouth lifted up slightly into a weak smirk. "Don't worry, she knows what she's doing"

   I release my little brother's shoulder and look at (y/n). The wind began to pick up and whip around her wildly, her solid stance was giving off a dark blue aura, her (h/l) (h/c) was flowing around her like water itself. Her normally bright (e/c) eyes were darkened with hatred, her power became so strong and dangerous that's water could be seen dripping off her fingertips. Akainu got up onto his feet, analysing (y/n) for any weakness he could find. Water from all around surrounded (y/n) into one large ring of concentrated water, I heard Luffy speak to himself when his pupils shrank to the size of pins, his body frozen on the spot "The Fire Phantom...."

   Akainu's eyes went wide 'looks like he heard too.' His mouth agape, I could see him trembling a little before he took a moment to keep his cool. Replacing his shock with a serious emotionless expression around his facial features. "Hump... No wonder why you looked so familiar. Your that brat that got away 10 years ago, the Mizu Mizu Devil Fruit user"
   "That's right you pile of crap, I survived that night and I have the scar to prove it..."
(Y/n) move her head slightly showing the scorch mark from all those years ago, the memory that has been literally burned into her very core. She repositioned her head giving Akainu a very powerful death glare but he remained calm and composed as always.

   Kizaru returned back to Akainu's side with his plain expression as well, he placed two fingers in his mouth and whistled as loud as 10 canons going off at once. Every single marine stopped fighting, leaving the rest of us pirates completely stumped, looking around confused before turning their attention to (y/n) and Akainu. I noticed that even she didn't know what was going on, as her head move left and right and her eyes darted in every direction. Only then did I hear the sound of thunder and a flash of lightning got my attention when I lift my head up to the nearly pitch-black sky covered with clouds.
   I felt some small wet cold drops of rain land on my forehead before it started to sprinkle a little. "How about a deal?" Kizaru, gaining the attention of everyone there including (y/n) as her dark eyes rolled over to him curiously "You and Akainu can have your battle, but if you lose (die) then White Beard, Straw Hat Luffy and Portgas D. Ace are to be executed... But if you win (kill Akainu) then you all may leave this fort untouched... How about it?"

Readers P.O.V~

   I knew this was a trap but Kazaru is true to his word. I can't imagine putting Ace, Luffy or White Beard on the line for my survival, it would make me a killer of sorts. I look up to the sky sighing, I wasn't willing to put other lives on the line just for me 'Now is not the time I guess?' I felt something warm rest itself on my shoulder, pulling me out of thought I turn to see Ace with a light smile, beside him was Luffy and behind them is White Beard. "Do what you must, we will agree to any decision you make, even if... You know, we will stand beside you.. But I have no doubt that you will win this fight because you're my daughter..."

   I froze at White Beards words as Luffy nodded in agreement with an idiot grin on his face "And you're my sister too..!" Ace squeeze my shoulder giving me a warm smile "You can beat Akainu, I have faith in you" I allow my eyes to roll to the ground in thought 'I want to fight, I want to end this burden... Even thou....' I reach up and place my hand gently on top of Ace's two of my fingers brush the scorch mark that seems to be warmer than ever. 'It won't bring my family back... But at least I can avenge them, and with people like Ace, Popes and Luffy which I only just met... There's nothing I can't do' I feel tears escaping and gliding down my face before rolling down and becoming part of the water ring that surrounded me.
   "Thank you...." I whispered

Ace's P.O.V~

   "Thank you...." I heard (y/n) as I catch sight of her tears been taken into her concentrated ring of water, causing it to glow brightly. She released my hand a signal for her to fight, I take my hand off her shoulder and watch as she began to walk to a battle that will make history. A war that has conflicted her soul for 10 years, today it was going to end in the final battle, where only one would walk away and the other would fall. The Battle of Scarred Memories...

Readers P.O.V~

   I walk out into the open, marines and pirates were moving into position out of the way either on one side or the other. I stop walking with the water still in contact with my skin secretly healing me. "Very well, I'll go along with little game...." I turn to Akainu with a grin and new found confidence "How about it Akainu... One on One match, only one will walk away... The final battle before the curtain falls on our little legacy... Let's finish what was started ten years ago....?"