Chapter 13

Ace's P.O.V~

   'What's taking them so damn long?' I think a little as I continue to fight off wave after wave of marines trying to kill me and Luffy. As much as my brother doesn't want to admit it, he was beginning to get tired. I could tell, he has slowed down a bit and his attacks aren't as powerful as what they once were. Even I was reaching my limit, but I still kept fighting on, I have too...

   I get a funny feeling in my gut as I turn to Luffy and spot two Admiral marines heading straight for him. He was ready for them too, I jump up and land on one hand on top of his head causing him to squat as I turn into fire when their blades past me. I use Luffy as spring to push myself off him and he performed a backflip due to his devil fruit ability. They both looked at us with disgust, I knew who these Admirals are.
   "Never thought I would be battling two of the marine admirals... Kizaru and Akainu" I look around for the third one, but he's nowhere in sight. I smirk at them noticing their missing member "Where's Aokiji? You seem to be missing a member"

   Akainu snorted at my smart ass question and glared at me "Oh don't worry about him, he's gone to deal with your little gal pal, he should be back any minute" a cold grin grew across his features, meanwhile my heart was pounding against my chest 'no wonder why it's taking her so long to get here... She might be injured or worse yet dead...' I shake my head at the thought, driving those ideas out 'No she would have given us a signal or something and Marco is beside her, I'm sure she's ok'

   During my moment of thought, the to admirals charged at Luffy and me, as we dodged and block their attacks. It was hard to land a punch on them, knowing how powerful they both were and I'm already tired as it is.
   "You know White Beard is a useless old fart!" Akainu called out to me. Rage began to bubble to the surface, my flames grew higher and higher to a point where Luffy was worried about my well being. "Say it again!" I growl, teeth showing and my pupils turn white with anger.
   "I said your captain is a useless prick and your girlfriend is properly dead by now. She's nothing more than a piece of trash that's been lying around in people's way!"
   "TAKE THAT BACK!!" I shout in his face at which point my little brother was stunned by my actions when the flames grew even higher and burned hotter
"And what if I choose not too? What you're going to do. Yell at me some more?"
I spread my legs apart with them slightly bent and place one hand on the ground ready to charge at this dead beat marine.
   "I'M GOING TO TURN YOU INTO ASH!" I shout before exploding with a large impressive amount of power as the flames engulfed me.
'This is for you... (Y/N)'

Time Skip~

Ace's P.O.V~

   I was on my hands and knees, panting heavily. Luffy and I haven't stopped fighting Akainu and Kizaru since our battle started. I was weakening faster, by the disadvantage I had of battling Akainu, me being fire and him being lava, I don't stand a chance. But I was willing to try, just for her sake 'even if she is dead, it would be an honour to take out the man who was responsible for her years of silent suffering.' I cough up some blood and struggle to get back on my feet. Akainu had his lava powers set and ready for the next round, but I noticed that over time Kizaru moved off to deal with oncoming pirate crews.
   Leaving only Akainu to deal with, Luffy was on the ground trying to find any strength to get back up again. I charge at Akainu again "FIRE FIST!" Fire exploded forth capturing Akainu in it 'Finally I beat him...' But as I continued to watch on when the flames died down he was still standing, he gripped my neck and tossed me aside. I gasp at the impact of my back hitting the cold blood soiled ground, I cough up some more blood rolling onto my stomach and twitching badly when I was forcing myself to stand again.

   Everything ached, my lungs were getting a work out from all the wind getting knocked out of me every 10 seconds and this was effecting all my muscles as they struggled to respond to my commands. My vision wasn't doing any batter as it would blur out every now and then, I could feel blood splashing around in my system causing more problems for me. I look down at my bloodied and scratched up hands when I place them on the ground to push myself up.
   I slowly lift my head up to Akainu, who was making his way to Luffy, lava in hand. My whole body panicked and my eyes widen 'No, not my little brother!' I push myself up and race up behind Akainu. I lunch myself up and cling onto his neck from behind, imminently my arms went into a headlock position. One wrapped around his neck and the other holding the lock tightly, choking him. He thrashed around trying to get me off, I could hear him gasping for air as he reaches out and tried to reach behind where I was.

   His large hand grips my arms and pulls it away from him and tossing me aside again, causing me to make a shattered gasping sound. I slowly move my hands and lift my torso up to see Akainu was racing towards Luffy. Every muscle in me was screaming to move, my heart raced so high that it hurt pounding against my chest. I feared for the worse as I go against the aches and pains I was feeling and dashed to Luffy, as he was distracted by the piece of paper I had given him. That we would be together again...
   "LUFFY!" I jump in between Luffy and Akainu, no fire, no tricks... Just me as I shut my eyes tight and prepared for the unimaginable pain train to hit me. My eyes were so tight that a tear escaped my eye...

   'I'm sorry... Luffy... My crew... And the girl that I fell in love with... I'm sorry (y/n)... I won't be here anymore....'