Chapter 5

<><><>

Zhongli narrowed his eyes at Muzan, but walked closer and closer to him, until he was right infront of Muzan, he took out his hand. 'This was quite easy...hmph, oh well at least I'll have someone very strong on my side.' Muzan thought, he kept his smirk on.

But...something happened that Muzan never expected, Zhongli brought his hand up and his spear suddenly appeared from thin air.

Zhongli kicked Muzan and did a plunge attack, Muzans eyes widened.

'What?-' Muzan quickly got into action now, he dodged another plunge attack from Zhongli. "So you would rather have me devour this family? You could've just done it the easy way and become a demon!" Muzan yelled, now furious that someone didn't take his offer to become a demon, and become extremely powerful.

"What would I gain from being a demon? Yes of course enhanced strength and so on, but what else?" Zhongli questioned, but even if he had an answer he wouldn't become a demon.

"You could become an Uppermoon demon, You will gain so much respect from the other demons!" Muzan replied, hoping to just convince Zhongli to become a demon, because if Zhongli didn't then he would obviously be a big threat to his plans.

"I don't need such a title, and respect. I have my contract to fulfill till the day I die, to protect humanity, to understand human emotions, and understand human life. Now, I have grown attached to human life, so protecting humanity best I can, to understand human emotions, and understand human life isn't the full reason why I chose to do so, I choose to protect humanity, understand human emotions, and understand human life by my own will now." Zhongli closed his eyes and looked up, he opened his eyes, looking at the clouds.

'This 'human' is obviously not a human...' Muzan thought. "Muzan Kibutsuji, I will have to decline your offer to become a demon," Zhongli then faced Muzan again, making eye contact. Zhongli crossed his arms, "I will be hoping to end you here right then and now."

"I will have order!" Zhongli yelled, the cloudy sky began to turn orange and there, a meteor fell from the sky heading straight towards Muzan. Muzan, who wasn't expecting that let his guard down for just a moment, but that was something he should've payed attention to, once the meteor hit him, he was petrified, couldn't move. He was covered and couldn't see anything, until he then felt a pain on his chest as the petrification began to crumble.

Having his flesh starting to be crumbled into pieces, Muzan used his extra flesh that was still alive and clumped his flesh together. He then launched himself to get away, 'I may have underestimated him too much! And I even said I wouldn't underestimate him but I did!' Muzan growled mentally, he needed to get away from the scene.

'At least I was able to turn one of them into a demon, they'll all die either way now.' Muzan smirked mentally, now finally far away enough he began to regenerate slowly.

'This 'human' is just as strong as HIM.' Muzan scowled mentally.

Zhongli sighed, 'I should've just killed him. Oh well, what's done has been done, at least everyone is okay.'

(If you haven't forgotten, the petrified and scared Kamado family witnessed everything, they saw everything and Nezuko now is the only who is injured. Get ready for the next chapter! Hope this made sense though or if you at least got what I was trying to say)