Chapter 11

This chapter could end up being trigger worthy, so read at your own risk.
<><><>

"MORAX!" Boomed a loud voice, "Long time no see! Ehe!" The smaller Archon jumped onto Morax's back, making him almost fall onto the nature floors. "Yes...it has been some time. Have you fixed that— Nevermind." Morax gave a heavy sigh to the Archon, "you still reek on wine..egh.." he shook his head at the smell that lingered around the two.

"Hehe.." the smaller Archon let go of Morax and stared down at Liyue, the sun slowly setting down, casting its remaining light over Liyue, making it a breath-taking view.

"Hey Morax?" Questioned the other Archon, looking towards Morax.

"Hm?" Morax looked over to the other Archon and they made eye contact, Morax was waiting for the answer now. The other Archon looked away and looked back towards the view, "uh— I sort of forgot what I was wanting to say! Haha! Wait!— I sort of remember..uh..Morax. Don't fall into her hands and games okay?" Morax chuckled a little at the Archons memory, short-term memory, and long-term memory, is both a curse, and a blessing.

B## #t w#s m##tl# a ##rs#

Though, Morax's face held an expression of..confusion at the other Archon. "Is this a contract I hear?" Morax's eyes never left the other Archon, his Golden eyes stared down at the younger Archon. "I guess you can call it that way?" The other Archon shrugged at Morax, "Okay! This will be a contract! Ehe!" The other Archon stuck out a hand to Morax, in which he took, sealing their contract.

'Don't fall into her hands and her games.' The other Archons words were vague, but Morax would soon figure out, what he meant.

But how did he know this would happen?

"May our contract stay intact, till the ends of Teyvat."

"Barbatos."

<><><>

"Moraxxxxx!"

Ever so often..

"How ya doin? Hehe!"

He would come and talk to me out of the blue

"I have been doing..alright. Thank you for your concern."

Why did he still linger? Not that I mind..but it's strange.

"Oh! That's good!"

There is something that I don't know.

"Barbatos, is there something wrong?"

I can see his lies clearly

"Nah, I'm all good and cheery! I even got 'free' bottle of Dandelion Wine! Ehe!"

What is he hiding?

"I..see.."

Times change, waves change, people evolve, the world evolves. The gods change.

"I must get going."

I cannot linger no more

"Aw! That sucks, you should take a break for at LEAST a day or something, Morax."

I do not need breaks, I must fulfill my duty.

"Hm, I will take your thought into consideration then."

I appreciate your concern, Barbatos. But not now.

"Alright! Bye!!"

Something is up.

It's an eerie feeling.

It gets closer and closer as each moon comes by.

My breath gets heavier and heavier each day.

I feel as if I'm slowly falling into the depths of the ocean of Guyun Stone Forest.

This can't be right..

If this is a danger to Liyue...then I must take action now.

<><><>

"Zhongli-san!" Tanjiro called out, "you were spacing out a lot, I tried calling for you but you never answered..is everything alright?" Zhongli took in a deep breath, and gave a small nod to Tanjiro, "I appreciate your concern, Tanjiro. But everything is fine." Zhongli walked over to Tanjiro and patted his shoulder.

Ev##yt##n# #s ##t f##e, the## cur### ##mo##es, t### hau## ##..

#t w#s a## #y f##l#.

"Let us go now." Zhongli then walked away from Tanjiro, the snow crunched for each step. His breath showed up in fog, he only looked straight ahead, his back facing Tanjiro.

'Zhongli-san always seems so..distant from the world..' Tanjiro stared at Zhongli's back while holding some chopped wood in his arms, 'Zhongli-san, don't be afraid to ask for help too..you have helped our family greatly..' Tanjiro began to walk too, on the flattened snow as it began to crunch a little. 'It's only right if we can somehow..repay the favor, even if you don't want us too.'

Tanjiro's heart has been beating very quickly these days after the incident, he still has memories about Nezuko. His sister, 'I need to find a cure..' that always came into his mind, find a cure for Nezuko— he needed too, as the eldest son of the Kamado household, he also needed to protect his family best he can— just like Zhongli.

And along with those days, Tanjiro has grown some admiration for Zhongli, for being able to stay so calm..so tranquil, for everything. Even if he's in an agitated mood, he always doesn't lash out. Zhongli still continued to fight for the family, protect the family. And Tanjiro wanted to protect his family too.

"Zhongli-san?" Tanjiro caught up to Zhongli, who in which looked to Tanjiro, "hm?"

"Can you train me please!"