Chapter 9

<><><>

"Morax! You would betray L#### H##bor over a contract?! Can't you at least make an acceptation?!"

"####, You have no right to give me orders. A contract must be fulfilled..."

"I do not wish to betray a place to which I now call home, but this is a contract I must fulfill."

"But you- MORAX!"

"Have you forgotten? I am Morax. I would never break a contract."

"But... Is it even worth it?"

"##, of course ###."

"Then ###??"

"..."

"MORAX!"

-

"Mother..." Tanjiro mumbled, Kie looked up and stared at Tanjiro, "what is it?" She spoke softly, stroking Nezuko's hair as she slept.

"Why did it have to be Nezuko..? Why us?" He questioned, Kie narrowed her eyes slightly.

"Tanjiro...don't be selfish and think that 'I wish it wasn't us, but a different family', this happens on a daily basis at night to almost every family, we're just one of the few who got lucky to survive." Tanjiro looked down, not knowing what to answer.

"Zhongli should be back by now, he said he would be quick." Kie mentioned, she stood up but Tanjiro stopped her, "No it's okay, I'll go." Kie nodded, and Tanjiro left the house in search for Zhongli

-

Zhongli sat down on the snow, leaving the blue-eyed man confused, "Although one goes by many names, the current name that I have given myself is Zhongli." Zhongli closed his eyes, "Giyuu Tomioka." He heard, Zhongli opened his eyes.

"The 'fight' I have told you about is not meant to be a fight, but just to give you some information on the situation, if you want such information then I must get something in return to make this fair."

After some time, the demon slayer replied, "I'll spare the demon." after a good 10 seconds had passed.

"Hm...that'll work, now I shall perform my part of the contract."

-

"Zhongli?" Tanjiro opened the door to only see multiple foot prints going away from the house, 'I should follow him, to make sure he's okay.' He thinks to himself, following the footprints carefully.

-

"Archons, why should I give mercy when you never gave mercy to ######## five-hundred years ago?" The voice was emotionless, but it still held some anger and resentment towards the Archons present.

"You dare say such a thing while you know nothing about our side of the story, you simply just came into this world like you own it and dare try to slay the remaining seven?! You dare wage such battles over a story you don't fully understand on why it happened?!" This Archon seemed to be...very quite angry at this, "you're just some lousy outlander!" They yelled out in rage.

"######## calm, my fellow Archon. We must fight for our nations if it's the only choice we have.." a calm and mature voice was heard this time, they held their Polearm tightly and readied themself, "we just have to do what we can."

"But we can't do anything! ###### took away our ###### so we're powerless, how can we protect our lands?" The worried voice of the archon was heard, "against ### we stand no chance!"

"What happened to your archon confidence? We get up and fight!"

Though in the back of the group, there was another archon who mumbled something to themself, but nobody heard.

-

"Zhongli!" Tanjiro shouted, Zhongli's attention was taken off of Giyuu and onto Tanjiro, "Oh, what brings you out here Tanjiro?" He questioned.

"You we're taking awhile so I got worried, so I followed the foot prints and it led me here." Tanjiro replied, scratching his head and looking off for a moment, then back towards Zhongli.

"Hm.." Zhongli nodded, Giyuu who was still there watched the both of them in awkward silence.

"So...Zhongli who is he?" Tanjiro questioned, pointing towards Giyuu.

"Giyuu Tomioka." Giyuu replied, not making eye contact with Tanjiro.

"Ah...nice to meet you Tomioka-San! What brings you here?" And with that, the awkward silence came back, leaving Tanjiro with no answer at all.

"I suppose we're done here, let us go now Tanjiro." Zhongli stood up and began walking towards Tanjiro, "Tomioka-San, maybe one day if your not busy with your duties, maybe we could have some tea together?" He offered the other.

"I guess."

-

-???-

"It seemed he has awoken again, I wonder...how did the seal weaken to the point where he could break out of it?"

"That...I do not know of.."

"That is fine I suppose, though...the times have changed greatly, so we must make sure we mustn't get distracted over matters like this. If he ever decides to interfere then we must seal him once again."

"As you wish..

Princess.."

<><><>